The Student Room Group

Can disabled people use space hoppers?

Could a disabled person do this? My mum asked me to ask on her behalf.

Scroll to see replies

Well I guess it depends on the disability. I can't imagine somebody who has to use a wheelchair finding freedom in a space hopper...
Reply 2
Your mother needs to start using google. Or better yet stop asking questions.
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
Well I guess it depends on the disability. I can't imagine somebody who has to use a wheelchair finding freedom in a space hopper...

But they wouldn't need to use their legs. Do you think a leg amuptee could ride one if they really wanted to?
Original post by Tai Ga

She is very curious, I do my best to post TSR threads for her.
Original post by Jackoclypse
But they wouldn't need to use their legs. Do you think a leg amuptee could ride one if they really wanted to?

Hmm it depends. You would need at least one leg to make sure you don't lose balance...

Original post by Tai Ga

That's rude, he not asking an unreasonable question :fyi:
Reply 6
Well it depends doesn't it. I'm disabled but I could. And of course you have to use your legs!
Reply 7
Hmm it depends. You would need at least one leg to make sure you don't lose balance...

That's rude, he not asking an unreasonable question :fyi:

he's made silly threads (which have subsequently been binned) under the pretense that his mother is asking questions. The woman needs to invest in a search engine.
Original post by Rosey203
Well it depends doesn't it. I'm disabled but I could. And of course you have to use your legs!

I didn't think you had to use your legs can't you just move your chest to propel yourself?
Original post by Tai Ga
he's made silly threads (which have subsequently been binned) under the pretense that his mother is asking questions. The woman needs to invest in a search engine.

Why don't you like my threads? My mum doesn't like using the internet (too many trolls). Also it makes me sad to see my threads be binned :'(
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
I didn't think you had to use your legs can't you just move your chest to propel yourself?

Not very efficiently.

That's smart I hadn't considered balance. :smile:
Original post by Rosey203
Not very efficiently.

I guess that's true but could a disabled person still have fun doing it like that you think?

Unlikely.

On a space hopper you use your legs as a balance and to control your direction, without them you'd probably just end up bouncing on the spot which I don't think counts.
Original post by DasSnipez
Unlikely.

On a space hopper you use your legs as a balance and to control your direction, without them you'd probably just end up bouncing on the spot which I don't think counts.

You might be right I haven't used one in years.
You should see Oscar Pistorius using one, it's almost cheating. The bounce he gets from those springs... Truly a space hopper. Although he's only so good, he eventually loses control. He's riding the thing with one hand after all, to keep one hand free to shoot his wife through the bathroom door.
Original post by Blind Ferret
You should see Oscar Pistorius using one, it's almost cheating. The bounce he gets from those springs... Truly a space hopper. Although he's only so good, he eventually loses control. He's riding the thing with one hand after all, to keep one hand free to shoot his wife through the bathroom door.

I read your post as a rap for some reason

You should see Oscar Pistorius using one,
it's almost cheating
The bounce he gets from those springs
Truly a space hopper
Although he's only so good, he eventually loses control.
He's riding the thing with one hand after all,
to keep one hand free to shoot his wife through the bathroom door.

Reply 17
oh wow.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
No.

I would explain the Physics behind it, but I'm too tired right now.
Reply 19
I love how some of you are genuinely up for discussing this.

Quick Reply

Latest