The Student Room Group

ASDA Jobs Application Status

Ok so im currently studying a course at uni and im also looking for a job. Any job in fact. Which is why I applied for a Grocery assistant job on the 2nd of Augusy 2014. Now that job closing date was I think the 7th.

A day or two later I rechecked my online application and it come up with the following:
Job submission date
02-Aug-2014
Job requisition ID
HR status
Application under review
HR status date
02-Aug-2014

(The Job requisition ID ive blanked out. No idea if im allowed to paste it into a public forum so ive decided not to risk it)

Its now the 3rd of September 2014 and I'm still waiting on the application after frequently checking to see if any changes have been made or a decisions has been taken.

Unfortunately nothing has changed whatsoever. I can't find vacancies anywhere else in my area and im adamant in not travelling 15+ miles for a part time job.

Oh and if I am called in for a "Magic Interview" then please can you tell me what I should wear? I was thinking a plain white shirt, black trousers with black shoes but Ive no idea if that would be too formal.

Sincere apologies if this thread has been done before but it's literally nearly quarter past 1 past midnight, im tired and rather anxious to find out why the job status has been like this for so long. :confused:

Thank you
Best regards
Marati :biggrin:
Original post by Marati

ASDA are usually very fast with application shortlisting after the deadline date as the period of time managers are given to recruit is quite short.

Most people are through their inductions and on the shopfloor within 2 weeks of the deadline date.

I'd say it's likely you have been rejected but managers have been too busy to update the status yet on those they haven't shortlisted as they're dealing with the newstarts.

Sometimes they also hold off rejecting 'possibles' in case any newstart drops out (quite common).

Of course every store is different so never say never, but I'd say it's pretty likely you didn't make first preference.

-- worked in ASDA for 2 years.
Reply 2
Ahhh that's fine I guess. Atleast ill be on their system or something.

Quick question but will my current application be considered if a similar position opens up?
Reply 3
I've applied for Asda online and had an email straight away saying keep my candidate number safe and they will get back to me asap after looking at my application...my account says my application is under review and has done since I applied on 22/7 and was wondering how long it will be before I hear anything back
Reply 4
Good Lord haha it's been 4 years since I'd made this thread! I've graduated and got a job in me target industry since.

See, it took them 2 to 3 months to tell me I'd not got the job and I was already back at Uni and no time for a job with my timetable (really weird timetable if I recall for that year - like 4-5 hours gaps in between Periods). But that was for a similar role in a slightly separate store. With this particular role, about a month? Seen as though it's Summer, I reckon they may take a little bit longer (not the 3 months mind..) to get back to you. I'd just keep on applying to jobs until you get one.

Good luck and hope you find something asap :smile:

Cheers
Marati

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending