The Student Room Group

I've been balding Since 17 and my ears are ****

I believe that when i was 17 (im 19 now), i was seeing death. This age saw me beginning on antidepressants, knowing that i had depression, learning that i was going to be a social outcast forever etc etc. But im not here to talk about these problems

I've been balding since i was 17 and my ears has messed up for two years as well. With the ears, i kept having recurring ear infection which gave me tinnitus every time (no longer suffer from tinnitus after a year and a half battle) and since March 2013 my ears have been blocked that i have to constantly pinched my nose to relieve my ear. can anybody help me on that

With the balding as well, i find it shocking that im having hair loss at a young age (probably due to the stress of being having anxiety). I've tried olive oil, Alpecin hair loss but nothing has worked. I don't like having haircuts because my headshape is flat on one side so shaving my hair isn't an option.

Please solve my strange case on my ears and my balding
Hi, which alpelcin shampoo do you use?

Just to make you aware you have to use it everyday without fail.

Have you tried propecia tablets from boots, note you will need your doctor to write you a white prescription.
Try coconut oil, and trying to decrease your cortisol (stress hormone) levels, which normally happens by increasing testosterone
So try exercising more
Removing yourself from stressful situations and situations where you feel you may feel depressed/anxious/stressed

My hair started falling out while I was revising for my exams, I just gave myself a big break after my exams and started exercising and relaxing, I.e. Removing myself from the thoughts that were causing the stress

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course that's just a reccomendation and what may have worked for me, may be a bit too general for you

Furthermore, id book an appointment with a GP, he/she will be able to help you and refer you to a dermatologist or someone else who may be able to help you further

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by abbasahmed786
Hi, which alpelcin shampoo do you use?

Just to make you aware you have to use it everyday without fail.

Have you tried propecia tablets from boots, note you will need your doctor to write you a white prescription.

I was using the hair loss and dandruff shampoo. all it did was make my hair grow faster but couldn't tackle my bald spot
Reply 5
Original post by Darab_1496
Try coconut oil, and trying to decrease your cortisol (stress hormone) levels, which normally happens by increasing testosterone
So try exercising more
Removing yourself from stressful situations and situations where you feel you may feel depressed/anxious/stressed

My hair started falling out while I was revising for my exams, I just gave myself a big break after my exams and started exercising and relaxing, I.e. Removing myself from the thoughts that were causing the stress

where can i buy coconut oil from? and i went to my gp last year and they tested my blood if i had thyroid disease but they found nothing. One rude graduate doctor told me was because i lie down on my bed too much...
Reply 6
People i was want help for my ears in which they are constantly blocked for no reason
Original post by O.Ozz
People i was want help for my ears in which they are constantly blocked for no reason

Did you discuss your blocked ears with your GP too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Did you discuss your blocked ears with your GP too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

my gp are a piece of ****, I keep telling them to send me to an ent but they keep saying 'stop worrying'. Ive not even been to the GP at all this year because they test my patience way too much. My worry is that i might end up getting deaf because of this since this has been ongoing for a year
Reply 9
Original post by O.Ozz
my gp are a piece of ****, I keep telling them to send me to an ent but they keep saying 'stop worrying'. Ive not even been to the GP at all this year because they test my patience way too much. My worry is that i might end up getting deaf because of this since this has been ongoing for a year

Go to a different surgery then?
Reply 10
Original post by Doomlar
Go to a different surgery then?

It's not that easy to go to a different GP mate.
Original post by O.Ozz
It's not that easy to go to a different GP mate.

Yes it is; ring up a surgery and ask for an appointment.
Original post by O.Ozz

I understand your worries about GPs sometimes, they are really useless sometimes but don't you have the option to go to another doctor or surgery? Or if worst comes to the worst, could you try A & E?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Doomlar
Yes it is; ring up a surgery and ask for an appointment.

The problem is i used to go this particularly GP for emergencies if i didn't want to go to my own GP but whenever i went to that GP for emergencies they kept on questioning me rudely. Then when my own GP sees record that i went to another GP, they will have a go at me as why i didn't see one of their ****ty doctors. The problem with my GP is that they run it as a business and there just there for the money.
balding = death sentence and 100% genetic, also alpecin, coconut oil etc will do **** all if you are genetically balding, only things that will help are finasteride, rogaine and nizoral shampoo, but if you were already balding at 17 then your balding genes are strong as **** and the only thing you can do is wait till you're old enough to get a transplant
Original post by O.Ozz
The problem is i used to go this particularly GP for emergencies if i didn't want to go to my own GP but whenever i went to that GP for emergencies they kept on questioning me rudely. Then when my own GP sees record that i went to another GP, they will have a go at me as why i didn't see one of their ****ty doctors. The problem with my GP is that they run it as a business and there just there for the money.

Hospitals usually have a walk-in surgery, where you can book an appointment. Just ring them up and book an appointment, and talk to them about your problems. What you may interpret as rudeness may be their attempt to be concise; doctors only have a short time for each appointment so they have to be quick with their diagnoses or referrals.
Reply 16
Go to GP about your ears.

Gt a good job, save up, take a loan out etc. and get a hair transplant done. It costs a lot though, or go to the NHS and tell them you will kill yourself if they dont fund th operation.

Not srs
Original post by O.Ozz
I was using the hair loss and dandruff shampoo. all it did was make my hair grow faster but couldn't tackle my bald spot

Wow, with me its the opposite. Covers my bald spot but hair is hardly growing.
Reply 18
Original post by LTG
Go to GP about your ears.

Gt a good job, save up, take a loan out etc. and get a hair transplant done. It costs a lot though, or go to the NHS and tell them you will kill yourself if they dont fund th operation.
Not srs

:s-smilie: lol on the last one :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest