The Student Room Group

declined for student bank account

I've been with Natwest since 2012 now and a few weeks ago i attempted to upgrade to a student bank account, problem is, i was declined... i will admit, i abused my credit rating when i was 18 and that is probably why i was declined but considering i hadn't been fully accepted for the student loan at that point is there any way around it?? i kind of need the overdraft because i really don't want to have to borrow money from my parents
Reply 1
Once they've refused you, there is no way around it. I'm in the same boat so i just have to look at ways to raise my credit rating whilst I'm at university. Good luck!
I don't think there is much benefit to having a student account so as long as you still have a bank account then I wouldn't worry about it.
Original post by cherrib
I've been with Natwest since 2012 now and a few weeks ago i attempted to upgrade to a student bank account, problem is, i was declined... i will admit, i abused my credit rating when i was 18 and that is probably why i was declined but considering i hadn't been fully accepted for the student loan at that point is there any way around it?? i kind of need the overdraft because i really don't want to have to borrow money from my parents

I signed up to credit expert to check my credit rating. It's super detailed. Tells you who checked your rating in the past. What it is now. And hoe to increase it. Free trial. Just do it. You'll see where you went wrong, how bad it is and how to improve it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Get a credit building card

Posted from TSR Mobile
Their refusal may have nothing to do with your credit rating.
Original post by balotelli12
Their refusal may have nothing to do with your credit rating.

He said he abused his credit rating. Banks right now are giving student cards to pretty much everyone who walks through their doors. I'm pretty sure it's OP's credit rating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest