The Student Room Group

Are there any unis that let you take medicine or pharmacy after resitting an AS level

Or is it impossible.

Obviously given that you get the grades this time AAA.. And have alot of work experience.. Etc or has it never been done. Details please thanks.
I know Reading do, I know someone who went to Reading to do Pharmacy after retaking years TWICE and got in through doing a BTEC in Forensics combined with 2 A levels (Both at Grade A) in Chem and Maths. =)
So, I know for a FACT that they accept retakes for pharmacy just from experience.
I think you will be able to get into pharmacy with retakes but not medicine... Well, I doubt it.
Original post by Nimmy666
Or is it impossible.

Obviously given that you get the grades this time AAA.. And have alot of work experience.. Etc or has it never been done. Details please thanks.

If it's within the normal 2 year period for A levels there are medical school that will accept it. Not sure about all of them but I know some do. If you've taken longer than 2 years look at the medicine wiki (just search the site) as some will accept resit candidates but not many.

Quick Reply

Latest