The Student Room Group

drinking beer at 6am every morning

Do I have a problem? I do it as I like to start the day intoxicated abit just to get me going and fade out reality just till the morning is over as I find mornings depressing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
No..you only have to look at the sheeps at any airport who for some bizarre reason are drinking alcohol at 6/7/8/9am in the morning..
That sounds like alcoholism
Original post by Waka Flocka
Do I have a problem? I do it as I like to start the day intoxicated abit just to get me going and fade out reality just till the morning is over as I find mornings depressing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you start most days intoxicated and like to do so you have a very serious problem and should seek medical help immediately.
You're an alcoholic. The only people who can drink at 6am in the morning are people who work nights, and therefore their evening is actually the morning.
Reply 5
Original post by Limpopo
No..you only have to look at the sheeps at any airport who for some bizarre reason are drinking alcohol at 6/7/8/9am in the morning..

This is because once the suitcases are at Baggage Handling, the holiday has begun, what better way to start a holiday than with a morning Guinness, it tastes like coffee anyway!

OP it doesn't sound great at all, I'd be a little concerned, alcoholism is alcohol dependence which in your case appears to be a mental issue that you have with the morning or the day. This is unhealthy but not as bad as physical alcohol dependency. Just try not to do it and see what happens.
Reply 6
Original post by Waka Flocka

Posted from TSR Mobile

ye I drink in the morning. but to make my self not feel like an alcoholic. i have cocktails and watch black and white movies.
lay of the beer mate
It is only a problem if you are not having fun.
Reply 9
I'd say you should probably stop that habit!
Original post by Genocidal
You're an alcoholic. The only people who can drink at 6am in the morning are people who work nights, and therefore their evening is actually the morning.

oh phew I work nights

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Limpopo

They're on holiday, its the only time you're allowed to drink in the morning.
Nah, was out on the town from 8pm to 7am - so also drinking beer at 6am in the morning (not every morning though) :wink:
The habit of being up at that time every day will provide benefits.
How do you stomach beer at that time of the day? :K:
The only problem I can see is why start so late ? I come from a long line of potatoe farmers and we would enjoy our first guiniess at 4 am !
Original post by cole-slaw
They're on holiday, its the only time you're allowed to drink in the morning.

I suppose so. I am not much of a drinker so im not part of that culture. Thats probably why i dont understand.
Reply 17
My grandad had a drop of whiskey at breakfast and he lived to 97!

Quick Reply

Latest