The Student Room Group

Halifax Clarity credit card for first credit card?

Im lookink to get a CC now that im out of uni and with a stable job in order to start building up a credit score, what I want most out of it is simplicity with being able to manage it all online. I know most ones you can manage online but I figured my first port of call would be with my own bank, on top of this the fact that this card seems to allow you to use it in cash machines is another great incentive.
I was hoping someone who actually knows about CC and finance could give it a quick overview and let me know if its worth it or not, and if not what would be a better deal as I havent really looked around that much.
Heres the info on the clarity card http://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/low-rate-no-fee/clarity-card/
You get the £5 reward a month if you spend a certain amount too.
Think you get free money exchange too on the card if you use it abroad.

I've got one - it's not the most rewarding but it's very simple and easy to pay off (I don't use my credit card that often).
The clarity card is As good a credit card for everyday use as any other as long as you pay it off every month.
Where it scores though us for use abroad.
It is my card of choice for all spending in the EU because there us no fee, no loading and a better exchange rate than I could get elsewhere.
Original post by Richy19
Im lookink to get a CC now that im out of uni and with a stable job in order to start building up a credit score, what I want most out of it is simplicity with being able to manage it all online. I know most ones you can manage online but I figured my first port of call would be with my own bank, on top of this the fact that this card seems to allow you to use it in cash machines is another great incentive.
I was hoping someone who actually knows about CC and finance could give it a quick overview and let me know if its worth it or not, and if not what would be a better deal as I havent really looked around that much.
Heres the info on the clarity card http://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/low-rate-no-fee/clarity-card/

To be honest, for general use, and if you know you will be paying it off on time, then there isn't really much difference. They all obviously have different features, but if you are mainly using it in UK online then there isn't really much between different CC's. One feature I know one of the Barclaycards have is that you get reward points for using it and they count to vouchers or something when you get your bills. Again, this wont really affect you if you didnt use it much.

For a first CC I would go with what you have found to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending