The Student Room Group

Timetable issue

Hi I am starting Uni in three weeks. I have just got my timetable and there is one lecture a week and one seminar a week I can not attend because I do not have any childcare available to me.

Do you think this will be a major issue?
You need to get into contact with the uni ASAP to discuss this.
Original post by mishmoneypenny
Hi I am starting Uni in three weeks. I have just got my timetable and there is one lecture a week and one seminar a week I can not attend because I do not have any childcare available to me.

I would email them about it. I know my Uni has a creche for young children and may have other facilities. surely it is something they should have if they offer mature students places?
Reply 3
Original post by mishmoneypenny

If you're effectively missing all of the lectures or seminars for one or two modules, then yes, it could be an issue. Especially the seminar, as these tend to be smaller discussion groups where your absence will be noticed.

As above, contact the university to let them know as soon as possible. An email to your course leader would be advisable to see if they have any workarounds. If your cohort is being split into different smaller groups for the seminar, you might be able to switch to a different group at another time.
To anyone else in this situation: I filled out a timetable change form on my student login and am waiting for a response. Thanks to those who helped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending