The Student Room Group

Only one "facilitating" subject at A2?

I want to do History at university. Will having only one "facilitating" subject at A2 (i.e. History) restrict me in any way? :s-smilie:sSSS
If I do History and English Lit will universities see me as a more favourable applicant?
Original post by honey7
I want to do History at university. Will having only one "facilitating" subject at A2 (i.e. History) restrict me in any way? :s-smilie:sSSS
If I do History and English Lit will universities see me as a more favourable applicant?

It won't stop you from getting offers from any universities. More 'facilitating' subjects (I agree, quotation marks are necessary) might make your application stronger, but they're not the most important part.

It also depends what your subjects are. Politics, Psychology and English Language would probably look better than Media, Health & Social Care and Tourism.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Subject choices are definitely not the most important part of the application. But it depends on the subjects on what sorta subjects ya doing. Grades are just as important as subjects imo :wink:. Heck one of my friends got an offer from LSE (Though a minor course compared to their renowned courses) with only 1 faciliating subject (He did History, Psychology and Business)

Its all about striking a balance really. Vast majority of places really wont care that much.
Reply 3
What subjects do you take? 2 (english lit and history)?
Reply 4
Original post by Audi
What subjects do you take? 2 (english lit and history)?

plus psychology and philosophy :smile:
Original post by honey7

What subject would you take if you didn't do English Lit?

Plus, those are perfectly fine options. People get far too worked up about 'facilitating' subjects.
Reply 6
Original post by PythianLegume
What subject would you take if you didn't do English Lit?

Plus, those are perfectly fine options. People get far too worked up about 'facilitating' subjects.

im deciding whether to drop english or philosophy

thank you so much for your advice btw!
Reply 7
Original post by honey7

Hm well tbh all are essay based so you should be fine for the majority of Unis, although you should look into each Uni's specific facilitating subject list as it does vary!
Best of luck!
Original post by honey7
im deciding whether to drop english or philosophy

thank you so much for your advice btw!

Yeh, drop the one you want to (based on enjoyment and grades).
Reply 9
thank you all so much! my grades are pretty strong anyway so hopefully i'll be fine :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest