The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Not excited for Freshers week 😷

So freshers week at Durham is starting soon and I feel like crawling into a cave and hiding there. You'd thinking living right next the uni and doing summer schools there etc would allow me to become used to it, but I'm not looking forward to it :s-smilie: Im terrified that the people who'll be in my college flat will hate me, I don't know I just want to hide in a hole somewhere :frown:
Reply 1
You'll be alright. It's a bit daunting but you'll be settled in before you know it. I'm sure no-one'll hate you.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nadz-bananaz
So freshers week at Durham is starting soon and I feel like crawling into a cave and hiding there. You'd thinking living right next the uni and doing summer schools there etc would allow me to become used to it, but I'm not looking forward to it :s-smilie: Im terrified that the people who'll be in my college flat will hate me, I don't know I just want to hide in a hole somewhere :frown:

Freshers week is all about settling in and meeting a few people before your course starts. Just remember everyone is pretty much in the same boat. Everyone will be nervous about not knowing anyone and wondering if they will like their course etc. I'm sure you will find there are activities arranged that will suit all tastes and it is really important that you crawl out of your hole and get that first bit over and done with otherwise you will be at the not knowing anyone stage the following week when you need to be ready to start lectures.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending