The Student Room Group

IMAT 2015-2016(italian medical admission)

Hiya ,
i just wanted to open a thread for any one who is considering this option?
i just wanted to ask when does the test registration open and how can i apply?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Hey,

Previous posts i made that may help:
-http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=48570695&highlight=
-http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1988517&page=49&p=48845101&highlight=#post48845101

Best wishes,
Ultsyn :smile:
Reply 3
Hi Guys,

I am looking to apply for Medicine in Italy next year and I have been up all night just reading thread posts, trying to make sense of everything. I think I have kind of got what I need to do but I am really confused about when we take the IMAT exam. I thought people who applied for this year took the exam in April, but I just had a look on the website given above and it says the exam took place in September.

Could someone please shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by J.Sinna
Hi Guys,

I am looking to apply for Medicine in Italy next year and I have been up all night just reading thread posts, trying to make sense of everything. I think I have kind of got what I need to do but I am really confused about when we take the IMAT exam. I thought people who applied for this year took the exam in April, but I just had a look on the website given above and it says the exam took place in September.

Could someone please shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Yeah same lol
Reply 5
Hi Guys,

Just thought I would come back and say I found out why there was a second IMAT exam taken in September. Milan basically opened up a new university and needed to fill in the places, so they had their IMAT later than usual. But there is no details about the 2015 exam yet, apparently it will only be released in January.

Hope I have cleared things up. :smile:
Reply 6
Does anyone know the chances of getting in? I read that there's about 900 EU students applying each year (to Pavia) and only around 60 places available, but the minimum scores for getting in seem extremely low (I did the 2011 paper with no preparation whatsoever and managed to get the average score of a candidate who was accepted) so it seems very odd...
Reply 7
Original post by SandraMR
Does anyone know the chances of getting in? I read that there's about 900 EU students applying each year (to Pavia) and only around 60 places available, but the minimum scores for getting in seem extremely low (I did the 2011 paper with no preparation whatsoever and managed to get the average score of a candidate who was accepted) so it seems very odd...

You're missing 2 things.

1) The 2011 paper is said to be easier than the one of 2013

2) On the 2013 Test, they were 60 questions and the maximum score was 90 points, so you get 1.5 points for each correct answer, although you get minus 0.4 for each wrong answer and 0 for skipping the question,try the 2013 paper and do your calculations correctly and if you get a mark that is eligible for admission, congrats, you're most likely going to be one of the 60 students admitted next year, if there's going to be an IMAT next year of course since it has been questioned now for a while.
Hi,

I'm thinking of applying to medical schools in Italy. I am currently on a gap year and so I have a time that can be allocated to prepare thoroughly for this test. I just saw on another thread that the success rate is around 5%. Could someone confirm this? because if it is 5%, then it must be a ridiculously hard exam right?

Reply 9
Original post by ScienceGUYY
Hi,

I'm thinking of applying to medical schools in Italy. I am currently on a gap year and so I have a time that can be allocated to prepare thoroughly for this test. I just saw on another thread that the success rate is around 5%. Could someone confirm this? because if it is 5%, then it must be a ridiculously hard exam right?

Hey ScienceGUYY,

I read that on a post too, I didn't realise it was that hard. I can't confirm it, but I do know that this years exam was a lot tougher than the last few years but saying that Milan have opened a new university opening up another 100 places for next year. So the up side there are more places, but a lot of people are applying to Italy now,so it is becoming more recognised :frown:
It sucks to be honest.
AHHH i missed the IMAT deadline in septemberwhat should i do!?
Original post by royamarand
AHHH i missed the IMAT deadline in septemberwhat should i do!?

Don't worry you haven't missed any deadlines. The one for september was for a private uni, which cost a hell of a lot more than public unis. Public unis -like pavia, millan, rome- their deadlines are march/april
Reply 12
I would also like to apply for italy medical schools for backup if I get rejected in the uk. From what I read the procedure for the admission may change from 2015 onwards. IMAT tests are normally taken on the 29th April each year. I have seen some past papers and I would say it's not as hard as people think especially if you are used to UKCAT and BMAT. You would need A level knowledge of sciences. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the general knowledge section of IMAT weighs more than the science section of the paper.

medschool.it was produced by final year student in pavia. Almost all the info you need is on here. Good luck!!
Reply 13
Hello, I’m slightly confused and I don’t think this question has been answered. I’m currently an A2-Level student interested in studying Medicine in Italy for 2015 entry. I complete my A2 exams and the results will be published around 15th August 2015. However, I have read on this thread that you are required to have all your documentation/certificates prepared [notiarsie/ apostelle]. It has been stated in this thread that you will have 3 days to reply after you receive IMAT results, which are July/August. What do you recommend I do, thanks allot.
Hi guys, i'm an italian girl (I know i'm sorry if my Inglese sucks: S), i live in Italy and study in Turin. In Italy, until 2013, the test to enter medicine has always been in September, but in 2014 the government decided to move it to April 8. The test IMAT ( for the public uni) was made in April too (but it was a different day from the italian test). There are some private universities choosing different dates: the IMAT you speak of who did the test in September 2014 is one who recently opened in Milan,the Humanitas university. By now the government has decided once again to change the mode 'of admission to Medicine (you know, Italy is' the land of toys) and they talk about adopt the French model: a first year free to all, and the selection end of the year on the basis of examinations data and, presumably, another test. We don't know yet if this model will be taken, and if it will be the same 'for the IMAT (I speak for the public uni).
Instead the first date for IMAT in private uni (Cattolica in Rome) is in January 28, 2015.
Reply 15
when can i begin to apply for the test,each type i try to apply for 2015 it says it is shut.
does anybody know when we can start the registration for the imats?
Original post by boym34
Hello, I’m slightly confused and I don’t think this question has been answered. I’m currently an A2-Level student interested in studying Medicine in Italy for 2015 entry. I complete my A2 exams and the results will be published around 15th August 2015. However, I have read on this thread that you are required to have all your documentation/certificates prepared [notiarsie/ apostelle]. It has been stated in this thread that you will have 3 days to reply after you receive IMAT results, which are July/August. What do you recommend I do, thanks allot.

I was exactly in the same situation as you when I was applying for Milan University for this academic year. The entry requirements are 3 passes in 3 A levels ( basically form E- A*).
You won't be in time to show them you A level certificate because you have to apostil it and legalise in Italian Embassy in London first( what is called DV) and then hand it in. Milan university said it's okay they will wait for certificate. As a first year med student in Milan university I finished my A levels in June but I haven't got my certificate yet so I think you should be okay.
Reply 17
Original post by karina010596
I was exactly in the same situation as you when I was applying for Milan University for this academic year. The entry requirements are 3 passes in 3 A levels ( basically form E- A*).
You won't be in time to show them you A level certificate because you have to apostil it and legalise in Italian Embassy in London first( what is called DV) and then hand it in. Milan university said it's okay they will wait for certificate. As a first year med student in Milan university I finished my A levels in June but I haven't got my certificate yet so I think you should be okay.

Hello Karina,

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. Can I ask what score you achieved in IMAT and how did you prepare?

Thanks
Hi everyone, Im just a bit stressed out because im thinking of taking a gap year and applying for medicine in italy in 2016 but since everyone has been mentioning some 'change' thats meant to happen ive just got confused, what is this change?
Does anyone know of when the updates for IMAT 2015 will be announced? From reading different threads, I am hearing that they might switch to a French style system.

Quick Reply

Latest