The Student Room Group

help choosing between geography BSc and BA

hi there im doing my 2nd yr A levels and looking for courses for uni i really enjoy geography especially passionate about the physical but im worried about how science based the course is was wondering if anyone could give me some info advice or an example as im really struggling which to apply for thank you x
I personally prefer human geography - I find it a lot more engaging and social. Studying physical geography won't contain too much science to make it uncomfortable, if you prefer physical geography then I'd definitely recommend you apply for the BSc.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Some universities have the first year the same for the BA and the BSc, with a mixture of both physical and human modules, so if you find that you're more interested in the physical or the human, then you can go down that path in your second year. I think Birmingham uni is an example of this, in that if you feel that you're on the wrong one, you can easily swap to the other. Some uni's let you choose the modules and then will put you on the BA or BSc depending on your choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending