The Student Room Group

Worried about not having friends in lessons

Hey so I'm just starting year 10 tomorrow and pretty much all other schools I know have had their lessons mixed with every form from day 1 in year 7, however my school being the school it is keeps every lesson from year 7 to year 9 with your form so that means we are only really friends with people in our forms and have our own friendship groups so now we are all being mixed up I'm really worried about being a loner in lessons.

So basically can anyone give me any advice on how not to be worried and stuff, thank you xoxox
Reply 1
hun, its good to socialize, you'll all be feeling the same way I bet, you know more people than you think, you'll be learning any way and you'll get sed to it soon enough, just be social, be out there and com across as dead confident and you'll soon make friends. you'll prob get a seating assignment anyway so you'll learn to socialize with your partner
Hello:smile:
I was actually in the exact same situation as you last year (my school kept you together in forms year 7-9). I did have friends in my year 10 classes but I made loads of new friends! Everyone is in the same situation and ,at first, people may stick in their forms but soon enough you talk/chat to other people. Most likely teachers will have seating plans so you will have to talk to other people.

Just be normal and don't try to force .
Original post by ally0303
hun, its good to socialize, you'll all be feeling the same way I bet, you know more people than you think, you'll be learning any way and you'll get sed to it soon enough, just be social, be out there and com across as dead confident and you'll soon make friends. you'll prob get a seating assignment anyway so you'll learn to socialize with your partner

Thankyou for that:smile: Im no worried anymore!
Original post by Mr...
You'll barely notice. I started today and I have mixed classes but not having classes is a good thing as you can make new ones and they could be a detraction (you also have more to talk about during breaks :colone:)

Spoiler

Thank you:smile:
Original post by _cryinglightning
Hello:smile:
I was actually in the exact same situation as you last year (my school kept you together in forms year 7-9). I did have friends in my year 10 classes but I made loads of new friends! Everyone is in the same situation and ,at first, people may stick in their forms but soon enough you talk/chat to other people. Most likely teachers will have seating plans so you will have to talk to other people.

Just be normal and don't try to force .

Thank you so much I'm glad to have advice from someone that's been through it:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest