The Student Room Group

Anyone doing WJEC English Literature? AS/A2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Empire Odyssey
I'[m studying Oedipus Rex at undergraduate level, so feel free to message me if you need help. I'm also studying another 2 of Sophocles' plays for my Classics module - so I will have a well-rounded knowledge of Sophocles... At least as any 1st years go :P

Wow that's so interesting, I just need to practice and need to know how to structure my answers and write in more detail for exams
Original post by Inspiritise
Wow that's so interesting, I just need to practice and need to know how to structure my answers and write in more detail for exams

Yeah I know what you mean. It will all come with practice! A-levels is piss-easy compared to degree level! So much more intriguing!
Original post by JAK2013
What texts are you doing for A2? :smile:

i'm doing measure for measure, the duchess of malfi and william blakes songs of innocence :smile:
Reply 23
I'm doing lang/lit:')
Im doing The Great Gatsby and Breakfast at Tiffany's. My coursework question is: How does Fitzgerald present loss and futility of dreams in his portrayal of the great gatsby. Support your comments with reference to Breakfast at Tiffany's

I really need help with this.

Any suggestions? :smile:
Reply 25
yes
Original post by emalouise_96
i'm doing measure for measure, the duchess of malfi and william blakes songs of innocence :smile:

I started Measure for Measure at uni this week. How are you finding it?

I remember at A-level when we used to spend about 5 weeks on a play. And we spend 1 week on plays and about 5 weeks on 5 or 4 plays.

Do you want to study Lit at degree level?
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
I started Measure for Measure at uni this week. How are you finding it?

I remember at A-level when we used to spend about 5 weeks on a play. And we spend 1 week on plays and about 5 weeks on 5 or 4 plays.

Do you want to study Lit at degree level?

We've literally just started, we've been doing coursework :smile:
So far it's not too bad, I kinda enjoy Shakespeare not gonna lie!
I wanna do Lit and Lang at uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest