The Student Room Group

Requirements for Oxbridge (A-Levels, ... and equivalent stuff)

Hi everyone,
im not from the UK (and not a native english speaker, so sorry for my bad English) and im interested in studying Engineering Science at Oxford. Apparently you need to add the grades that you expect to achieve (if you havent graduated yet) to your application. Does UCAS contact your school to check whether you entered reasonable grades ? Or do they even speak to your class teacher(if this was the case, would I need to give them a reference ?) or do they just believe you because you either way have to show them your certificate at the end of your term ? Thanks to all who want to inform me :wink:
James
Original post by James95c
Hi everyone,
im not from the UK (and not a native english speaker, so sorry for my bad English) and im interested in studying Engineering Science at Oxford. Apparently you need to add the grades that you expect to achieve (if you havent graduated yet) to your application. Does UCAS contact your school to check whether you entered reasonable grades ? Or do they even speak to your class teacher(if this was the case, would I need to give them a reference ?) or do they just believe you because you either way have to show them your certificate at the end of your term ? Thanks to all who want to inform me :wink:
James

They always ask in the application what exam board you used for your exams. They usually contact them, I believe
Reply 2
Original post by James95c
Hi everyone,
James

If they decide to interview you and it turns out you're an idiot, they'll be annoyed that you've wasted their time and you won't get an offer. If your predictions are unrealistic and you miss your offer, you're unlikely to get in. I can't see there being much point in trying to pass off unrealistic predicted grades.

As part of the UCAS application, you should get an academic reference (from your teachers), which is an opportunity for your academic credentials to be reinforced.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending