The Student Room Group

Competition Law on LLB

Hello all,

I'm considering developing some online revision and learning tools for competition law. The aim is to develop content that is applicable to students on GDL/ LLB/ LPC.

From my own experience I know all about how competition law is taught on the GDL and LPC (at the University of Law), but having not done a law degree I don't know anything about how it is taught (or examined) for LLB modules.

Is it typically taught as a part of EU law modules (as on the GDL) or as a stand alone optional module?

Is it examined with problem style questions as well as essay based questions?

I'd also be interested in hearing about anyone's experiences (or problems) with learning competition law at LLB/ GDL/ LPC level.

Many thanks,

ChinHigh
Reply 1
It's usually an LLM type module. Never seen it on an LLB.
It was offered as an option on my LLB - didn't take it though sorry!
Reply 3
Was wondering if somebody could help me with the following- I’m picking my optional modules for third year (KCL) and am interested in selecting competition law, but the average mark for the module when compared to some other modules is quite low (62). Was hoping if someone who has already studied it could tell me how hard they found it and the chances of obtaining a high 2.1/first in the module.
My uni had it as an optional undergrad module. I have never seen it on an EU law module syllabus.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending