The Student Room Group

Management & Psychology or Management and Economics?

I've been admitted to a Scottish university to study management. However, the university asked me to choose a further subject which I'll study for at least 2 years.
I'm interested in both economics and psychology (maybe psychology interests me a little bit more, as it belongs to a different branch of studies).
After university i'd like to find a job in the marketing/market analysis and research field.
Which degree is better to get such a job (of course I know that work experience is very important too)? Mangement & Psychology or Management & Economics? Why?
And generally speaking, which one is better in terms of employability (not only for the secotr i'm interested in)? Why?

Thank you!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by aless93
I've been admitted to a Scottish university to study management. However, the university asked me to choose a further subject which I'll study for at least 2 years.
I'm interested in both economics and psychology (maybe psychology interests me a little bit more, as it belongs to a different branch of studies).
After university i'd like to find a job in the marketing/market analysis and research field.
Which degree is better to get such a job (of course I know that work experience is very important too)? Mangement & Psychology or Management & Economics? Why?
And generally speaking, which one is better in terms of employability (not only for the secotr i'm interested in)? Why?

Thanks you!

I wouldn't have thought there was much, if any, difference in employability beyond the fact that the one you are most interested in is likely to yield a better final degree result, and that is what affects employability most.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I wouldn't have thought there was much, if any, difference in employability beyond the fact that the one you are most interested in is likely to yield a better final degree result, and that is what affects employability most.

Ok, so as long as I get good grades and some relevant work experience i'll manage to find a job even with a Management & Psychology degree, right?
I'm asking this because i've read that economics is much more regarded amongst employers than psychology, but maybe in this case, as we're talking about a join degree, it's different, am I right?

Thank you!
Original post by aless93
Ok, so as long as I get good grades and some relevant work experience i'll manage to find a job even with a Management & Psychology degree, right?
I'm asking this because i've read that economics is much more regarded amongst employers than psychology, but maybe in this case, as we're talking about a join degree, it's different, am I right?

Thank you!

I'm not an expert, but the jobs market isn't quite as finely tuned as that, I suspect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending