Maths question, stuck - please help?

Solve by factorising?
x^3+4x=5x^2

Thanks guys!
Original post by TheStudent2001
Solve by factorising?
x^3+4x=5x^2

Thanks guys!

You can re-write this as x^3-5x^2+4x=0 now everything has a common term of x so you can factor that out to get x(x^2-4x+3)=0 and this should be like what you are used to.
ah always when I see maths questions I think it will be worth something to dig my teeth into, maybe some kind of definition based proof, or real analysis proof or maybe even a bit of abstract mathematics, who doesnt enjoy groups fields and rings? But all you get is some sort of factorisation or rearranging question.
Original post by konvictz0007
ah always when I see maths questions I think it will be worth something to dig my teeth into, maybe some kind of definition based proof, or real analysis proof or maybe even a bit of abstract mathematics, who doesnt enjoy groups fields and rings? But all you get is some sort of factorisation or rearranging question.

Sometimes in the maths section, people label posts with "undergraduate" and that might be the type you are looking for.
Reply 4
Original post by rayquaza17
Sometimes in the maths section, people label posts with "undergraduate" and that might be the type you are looking for.

And sometimes they label basic arithmetic questions as "undergraduate" just to confuse people :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by davros
And sometimes they label basic arithmetic questions as "undergraduate" just to confuse people :biggrin:

I think there's two more of TheStudent's threads left to get to the top of the forum.

If you don't do it, I will :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by notnek
I think there's two more of TheStudent's threads left to get to the top of the forum.

If you don't do it, I will :smile:

I lost the will to live at rearranging V = IR :biggrin:

The standard of some people entering sixth form (assuming that's what TheStudent is doing) is truly shocking!

Quick Reply

Latest