The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Biology coursework example.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sophia565
hi, its not letting me access it just goes black

Sorry, do you mean the images are black? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
what graph did you do for this? I am doing a similar thing with caffeine and cognitive positive; placebo and caffeine group and im not sure what graph to do?!
Original post by Changing Skies
Hi there :smile: as I posted my AS Biology coursework due to a lot of interest, I thought I'd post my A2 coursework to help a bit more. I received an A for this (even though my teacher said it should be full marks, thanks, edexcel :colonhash:) and I honestly worked so hard to get this "perfect", so I hope it's okay :h: oh and it's quite long, so be prepared to get bored :lol:

If you'd like any advice with coming up with an investigation, or any help in general, feel free to ask :smile:

Spoiler

See the post below for the rest, only allowed 10 images attached :smile:

Wheres the evaluation, bibliography, conclusion
Original post by Rassam91
Wheres the evaluation, bibliography, conclusion

In the post below the first post :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Hey,Sorry for the hijack. I am still doing the 2008 course andwas wondering whether anyone can help me for my unit 6.Our school has only allowed students to do fieldwork for thecoursework and it is boring as hell. So I was asked if I was able to change ita bit and do some antibiotic studies as well. Now this is where I need yourhelp.My project is: Antiseptic effect of Moss- is it the acid oranother chemical inside that has the effect (obviously actual title notfinalised, just had to make something for you guys to understand).Moss DOES have an antiseptic effect, a few studies are doneon this but I have checked, been in contact with people who have done thestudies (LinkedIn) and they have all told me that nobody knows the exactmechanism by which moss is antiseptic.So, my study is to see whether it’s the acidity and thatreaction with bacteria that cause the antiseptic effect or whether it’s anotherchemical in the moss that has an unknown mechanism. All the practical elements are sound, relatively complex andI should get the marks for that. What I am worried about is writing my research andrationale- how do I get top marks when I don't have a clue what the chemicalcould be if it is in fact not the acidity of the moss that causes theantiseptic properties? Is there a way to get around this or should i choseanother topic. Cheers guys :smile: feedback would be MUCH appreciated
Hai, I've just started doing my A2 biology unit 6, and I'm really struggling to find a topic to do it around. I would like to do something that isn't too maths based and actually works. And can be done in a school lab. Have no idea what to do. Help please D;
Happened to be doing it right now and stumbled across it , repped. :smile:
Original post by Thest0nerTurtle
Hai, I've just started doing my A2 biology unit 6, and I'm really struggling to find a topic to do it around. I would like to do something that isn't too maths based and actually works. And can be done in a school lab. Have no idea what to do. Help please D;

Hey, are you still having trouble? :smile:

Original post by TSR Mustafa
Happened to be doing it right now and stumbled across it , repped. :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Hey, are you still having trouble? :smile:

yeah, loads. I came up with a topic, but it involved doing tests with people, and apparently it's unethical and unrealistic. I've been advised to do one on the turning points of woodlice. But it requires a lot of patience and fiddling and I'm pretty against using insects. Any ideas?
hi im currently doing my A2 coursework and im struggling with the research and rationale section any help would be great
I'm in the same boat as Harvey Rudolph, I'm struggling to find biological information about maggots. I was wondering how you went about finding sources for your work, its a brilliant piece of coursework and it is really detailed, its clear that finding the right sources worked for you.
Reply 31
What liquorice and anaseed did you use?
oh wow...

I've handed in a first draft and it doesn't quite make 3,000 words. I wasn't worried about it before seeing this - now I am...

Spoiler

Here are the tables for my final investigation (which took me ages to fill in :tongue:):

Spoiler

Do you remember what type of graph you used and if you still have the graph? It would be really helpful if you still have it and could show it please :smile: What against what did you plot etc
Reply 34
Haha thanks :colondollar: mine was about 7,800! A couple in my class had a similar count, some others had theirs at about 5 :smile: I think you should be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

is that with or without bibliography?
Reply 35
how did you link this to A2 knowledge?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending