The Student Room Group

How much would it cost in petrol to drive 72 miles?

I have a ford fiesta Zetec, Automatic and am driving 75 miles how much would I need to put in my car?

Scroll to see replies

£4.39
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don
£4.39

Really is that all?? Thank you
Original post by Princesselsxo
Really is that all?? Thank you

JK

I estimated that your car will do 52MPG (assuming its a motorway drive), so that should cost you around a tenner. Would put in £12 to be safe.
JK

I estimated that your car will do 52MPG (assuming its a motorway drive), so that should cost you around a tenner. Would put in £12 to be safe.

Ah yes that sounds more realistic!
JK

My old Fiesta only gave me about 32-35mpg on motorways :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Just fill the thing up!
Reply 7
I did 55 miles the other day in a brand new never before driven corsa and it cost me £6.
Reply 8
Original post by JC.
Just fill the thing up!

To be fair, I've only recently gotten to the point in my life where I can afford to just fill up my car whenever it needs to be filled up. For a long time I filled up after I got paid, and if I ran out of fuel before the end of the month that was it - the car didn't get driven again until I got paid! And then it got worse than that for a while - I was only putting in a tenner at a time when I could scrape together the pennies :frown:

Luckily I've now finished uni and have a real job so I don't have to worry about that so much any more.
Original post by live_a_life

Posted from TSR Mobile

driving foot to the floor at 100+ isn't very economical though :wink:
I went to Brighton from London there and back for about a tenner........just be economical
I'd say around £12.
Going off a 35-40 MPG typical of older cars which I assume it is, and a fuel cost of 129.9P/L
Original post by TornadoGR4
driving foot to the floor at 100+ isn't very economical though :wink:

Couldn't really do that in the Fiesta. but thanks for the lesson on fuel economy :smile:
Most cars cost between 20-40p per mile in fuel.

Original post by live_a_life

Posted from TSR Mobile

1.25l or 1.4l?
Original post by Alfissti
Most cars cost between 20-40p per mile in fuel.

1.25l or 1.4l?

1.25L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could that thing even do 100mph without sounding as if everything was about to fall apart?
Original post by Alfissti
Could that thing even do 100mph without sounding as if everything was about to fall apart?

Surprisingly, it handled itself pretty well when driving fast. But I didn't often push it that far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
rah u kno about cars?? send me ur digits B

Duh, cars are cool. Not crappy cars though, only cars I may never have ofc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
just fill it up to the top if it's your car
Original post by ldsbabe
I did 55 miles the other day in a brand new never before driven corsa and it cost me £6.

That sounds about right

At 121.9p/litre, that's £8.31 at 50Mpg

(Cos it's a relatively new car, you should get that)

At 60Mpg, that's £6.93

Basically fill up £12 and you'll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest