The Student Room Group

Starting Work at river island in a couple of week

Ive got my induction to start work at river island and I was wondering if some could tell me the process of your uniform etc. Like I dont own anything river island and I heard you get a clothing allowance for it and I was just wondering what this may be ..... im working 5 days a week of that helps
Original post by joedaltonchamp
Ive got my induction to start work at river island and I was wondering if some could tell me the process of your uniform etc. Like I dont own anything river island and I heard you get a clothing allowance for it and I was just wondering what this may be ..... im working 5 days a week of that helps

Also sorry if ive put this in wrong section im new to this site and need info pretty fast thanks for you help

It's like every 3 months (I think) for uniform, and it all depends what shifts you work, its like £65 (1 shirt 1 bottom) for 8 hours and then it goes up, I'm pretty sure full time is like 3 t-shirts 2 bottoms or something good like that (i'm not completely sure as i wasn't full time). I didn't own anything RI to start with and they weren't that bothered to start with but once you get your clothes you have to wear it.
Original post by SweetNothing
It's like every 3 months (I think) for uniform, and it all depends what shifts you work, its like £65 (1 shirt 1 bottom) for 8 hours and then it goes up, I'm pretty sure full time is like 3 t-shirts 2 bottoms or something good like that (i'm not completely sure as i wasn't full time). I didn't own anything RI to start with and they weren't that bothered to start with but once you get your clothes you have to wear it.

Okay thank you mate im on 20 hours so it may be more also do you know hourly pay for a 17 year old some people say £3.70 and others say in between £4.50 and £5
Okay thank you mate im on 20 hours so it may be more also do you know hourly pay for a 17 year old some people say £3.70 and others say in between £4.50 and £5

I'm fairly sure it'll be like 2 tshirts and 2 bottoms or something like that but yeah it's every 3 months.

Yeah it'll be in between £4.50 and £5 they don't give much over minimum wage because of the uniform allowance. Also, you get 30% discount upto £150 don't go over that limit cause they get really mad.
I'm fairly sure it'll be like 2 tshirts and 2 bottoms or something like that but yeah it's every 3 months.

Yeah it'll be in between £4.50 and £5 they don't give much over minimum wage because of the uniform allowance. Also, you get 30% discount upto £150 don't go over that limit cause they get really mad.

Thanks for all your help mate

how did you apply for the job and what did process involve?
Original post by Greatthinker
how did you apply for the job and what did process involve?

I applied online then got a reply 10 days later inviting me to a recruitment event/interview after this I got a phone call a week later inviting me to an induction to do a different job to the one I applied for but for the same amount of hours. My inductions on the 11th and I start on the 15th

sorry to be a pain mate by you get two shirts and two jeans do you mean for free or ?
sorry to be a pain mate by you get two shirts and two jeans do you mean for free or ?

Yeah, you get an allowance for your uniform, like mine was £65 for 8 hours and you were allowed to get 1 Top and 1 bottom for free but you weren't allowed to go over the £65 mark. Yours will be more cause you're doing more hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending