The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Rent contract length

I'm renting a private property and I need help deciding how long to rent my accommodation for. I've noticed that the university accommodation has a 42 week let, but the actual semester finishes four weeks before that period ends. Want happens in those last our weeks, and would I be missing out if I only stayed for one or two of them?
Original post by Disaidra
I'm renting a private property and I need help deciding how long to rent my accommodation for. I've noticed that the university accommodation has a 42 week let, but the actual semester finishes four weeks before that period ends. Want happens in those last our weeks, and would I be missing out if I only stayed for one or two of them?

Most people don't stick around for all of that time, unless they're working or on placement etc. The advantage of the contract being that length is that it overlaps with housing contracts for the following year by a few days to a week, meaning you don't have to take your stuff all the way home to bring it back when your next contract starts :smile: (obviously it only overlaps with July-July contracts, and not September-July contracts) :smile:

People often stick around for a few days after term finishes to enjoy the freedom from exams though :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Anything you want. I always stuck out my contracts to the very end - quite enjoyed having the flat to myself and having those 3-4 weeks to just enjoy being in Sheffield and seeing whoever was still around as opposed to just university, studying and exams. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending