The Student Room Group

Industrial Pharmacy

hey was wondering since their seems to be a lack of info on the Industrial Pharmacy side of the profession, whats the pay rate like etc? is it absolutly essential to get a phd in the subject, i have good intentions of taking a post graduate degree anyways? what are the advantages and disadvatage of this side of the career? just basicallly any info people could add on this subject would really help as i hope to ether go into industrial, academic or the hopital side of pharmacy.

thanks

Morto
Reply 1
What postgrad degree are you looking to go into after completing MPharm? I was thinking of something like an MBA Business Administration degree or summin, or economics.......
Reply 2
ive no idea, i was really hopeing to take up a research degree in pharmacy which would probably take up another 2-3 years.....but yeah i can see where ure comming from with the buisness and economic side of it... i dunno theirs loads of things you could study for to get into the industrial side...i thnk u need a phd but im not too sure, lol thts y am askin lol any industial pharmacists out their?
Reply 3
hi. I think the reason there isnt a huge info avaliable about industrial pharmacy is because only a small number of pharmacists go into industry but some do! Theres a good website at pharmcareers.co.uk with lots of info about pharmacy in industry. On your question about PhDs i dont think its def a requirement to have a PhD to go into industry but i believe it would help alot.

Latest

Trending

Trending