The Student Room Group

PWC personality test

I am applying for PWC Graduate Programme and I have completed the numerical and logical tests. The last one left is the personality questionnaire, which I failed to pass last year when I applied to the summer internship. I think I got high score for leadership and learning capability (or something like that) and average - below average score for other criteria. My question is what personality traits PWC are looking for and what traits they dislike ? Also if you have any tips on how to pass the test I would be really grateful.
I think this is very relevant (and I agree): https://twitter.com/theboredauditor/status/497312080475602944
Reply 2
I think it generally depends on what service line you are applying to. The trick is to be honest rather than to beat the test. Chances are you're not a psychologist and if you try and lie your answers will make you look schizophrenic.
I failed it on the first attempt in my application for a grad role (starting on Monday... argh!) but they gave me a chance to try again. In my first attempt I completed it honestly. In my 2nd go I used the list of competencies PwC looks for (listed here: http://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/student/applying/interview_competencies.jhtml although it looks like it's changed quite a lot from when I applied earlier in the year) and made sure that whenever a trait came up that was closely linked to one of their competencies I chose it as best describing me (If I'm remembering how the test is structured correctly). So for example on the pwc link under relationships one of the bullet points says "Are you passionate about providing exceptional services?" so make sure that you put any trait relating to providing great service/exceeding expectations etc as being like you a few times whilst completing the test. Using that method I passed on the 2nd attempt. I can't guarantee that this is how they judge/assess the test though and as I said the list of competencies seems to have changed greatly from last year.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AW1983
I think it generally depends on what service line you are applying to. The trick is to be honest rather than to beat the test. Chances are you're not a psychologist and if you try and lie your answers will make you look schizophrenic.

What makes you think that?
Reply 5
Original post by Classical Liberal
What makes you think that?

I've read a few times in the past that the consultancy lines use them more, but I can't verify for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending