The Student Room Group

Driving Instructor Changed My Test Date Physically!

Have a very big problem found this thread so thought I will post on here.

My test was booked this monday 8th september. My instructors car was broken down and only got fixed yesterday as he send me a message saying what time do you want your lesson tmrow.

As I was eager to want a lesson before friday. I found a instructor online told him about situation if he will be able to take me to the test. He said fine we did a 1 and a half hour lesson. I booked another lesson on friday.

My instructor car was fixed yesterday and I rang the instructor who I found online told him can't have any more lessons with you his car works, the guy was arguing with me over the phone for like half an hour - money grabbing thief was charging me £25 an hour. Just to let you know he took my theory test number and license number down.

Just woke up a bit ago checked my emails, one from dsa told me my test has been changed to 21st october I guess it was him he has got my details.

NOW I CAN'T FIND ANY CLOSER DATES AND SOOOOO PISSED OFF 7 WEEEKS AWAY
Posted from TSR Mobile

What did the email say exactly? Was it 'due to unforeseen circumstances'?
No its said, "I am pleased to confirm the details of your Car Practical driving test appointment".
Reply 3
OMG! This instructor must be such a ......!! I dont know what is best to do, may be if you call dvla and explain what is going on with this guy or if you got his car number you can report him.
There is many nasty instructors out there, i had one of them before and when they let you down its not very nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
You have made a lot of assumptions in your post, but it isn't clear whether your original instructor changed the appointment, or your new one did, or whether DVSA had to move the date for operational reasons.

To find out what really happened, call 0300 200 1122 (before noon on a weekday) to establish whether the change was made by DVSA or online. If the change was made online, that narrows it down to two people.
Original post by abbasahmed786
Have a very big problem found this thread so thought I will post on here.

My test was booked this monday 8th september. My instructors car was broken down and only got fixed yesterday as he send me a message saying what time do you want your lesson tmrow.

As I was eager to want a lesson before friday. I found a instructor online told him about situation if he will be able to take me to the test. He said fine we did a 1 and a half hour lesson. I booked another lesson on friday.

My instructor car was fixed yesterday and I rang the instructor who I found online told him can't have any more lessons with you his car works, the guy was arguing with me over the phone for like half an hour - money grabbing thief was charging me £25 an hour. Just to let you know he took my theory test number and license number down.

Just woke up a bit ago checked my emails, one from dsa told me my test has been changed to 21st october I guess it was him he has got my details.

NOW I CAN'T FIND ANY CLOSER DATES AND SOOOOO PISSED OFF 7 WEEEKS AWAY

Hi, I understand your anger and if the new instructor has changed your date, then that is wrong and there will be action you can take. However, as Advisor has said, you need to establish beyond any doubt that he is the culprit. Follow Advisor's advice. When changing a test date, the details of the person who changed it and the reason is also recorded at the same time so it should be possible for the DVLA to identify the person. Whether they will give that information to you is another point.

Once you have established that, then come back here and we can advise you further.

A couple of other issues to consider. First, £25 per hour does not make him a thief. If you have agreed that price then you cannot really renege on that and £25 per hour is reasonable depending on where you live. Secondly, you have approached him with a desperate situation and he has done his best to help. You have then basically thrown it in his face and gone back to your previous instructor. If someone had done that to me, I would be pretty peeved because I would feel used. I think you need to treat him with some sympathy because you have mucked him around. Being a customer and paying for his services does not mean that he is a slave and is only there to do your bidding.

If it turns out that he has changed your test date without your permission, then you are right to complain bitterly but let's make sure of the facts first.
The new instructor had changed my date can I still ring DVSA, even though I changed the date today.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
It's a little baffling as to why the new instructor went to the trouble of doing this even after he knew he lost your business.

If you managed to change the date close-ish to where it was, then that's great, but complaining to DVSA isn't really going to change much; what's done is done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending