The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I joined NAGTY in Year 10 (I'm in Year 13 now). I went on two (2 weeks) summer schools in Year 10 and 11 - they were some of the most enjoyable times of my life; great memories; lots of fun. I think, it's too late if you're in Year 12 or above. You can't go on any proper summer schools once you're in Year 12 - only 5 day-courses at Villier's Park....which is too far away.
Reply 21
friendsfanatic
I think, it's too late if you're in Year 12 or above. You can't go on any proper summer schools once you're in Year 12 - only 5 day-courses at Villier's Park....which is too far away.

I would completely disagree with that!

I joined at the end of yr 11 (just after I had taken my GCSEs) and have thoroughly enjoyed it!
The foums are great fun, as are the outreach events.
I've been on 3 and have really enjoyed each one. I'm hoping to go on another one in December. I'm also going on a Villiers Park one for Archaeology in April. It's given me lots of opportunities for more things to write on UCAS, not just that I'm clever. I'm a member of the Archaeology online learning group and being in that also really helped me in my UCL interview.

and again, as people have been saying, you don't need super grades at GCSE to join. I got 1 1/2 A* 6 As and 3 1/2 Bs.

Latest

Trending

Trending