The Student Room Group

Just got back from my walk

As its a lovely evening I thought I'd take the dog out. I live in a pleasant village with a nice hill and was taking her through the churchyard when I heard a shout of "ey will you get into my mate". The mate being a obese 14/15 year old staggering about clutching a bottle of cider. All in all there were 4 of them each clearly drunk with bottles strewn about them. When said no I was told by one lad to "suck me off for a tenner". I walked away with insults thrown after me.

Now we come to the debate. Whats to be done with people likes this? How is behaviour such as this to be sorted out. It would be pointless to call the police as our nearest police station is unmanned and they wouldnt come anyway unless it was an emergency. I know this as they refused to come when me and my friends were attacked outside the local shop.

Any thoughts on what should be done?

Scroll to see replies

NAtional Service, beat the little ****s into behaving.
Reply 2
ASBOs.
Reply 3
A good kick up the arse.
Reply 4
Set up a youth club. Seriously, I saw guys at my local one that would have been similar louts if they had nothing to do.
Laika
ASBOs.

Cos ASBOs are gonna work when most petty thugs wear them as a 'badge of honour'
Reply 6
I don't see anything wrong with people having a drink outside, the problem is the chav culture that leads to the holligan behavior. I often have a bit too much to drink but i don't subject others to abuse.

IMO, we need ASBOs and a long process of re-education. it'll take a generation or more to truly sort out the chav menace.
Reply 7
You could chop their hands off.
Reply 8
Carl
You could chop their hands off.
:p:
Reply 9
On a more serious note though, I think there should be a three strikes and you're out policy. Three convictions for thesame/similar offences should result in a long jail term. That should sort them out.
Reply 10
Suck him off and bite HARD.
Reply 11
Stop giving their parents benefits so they teach their kids that they have to work for a living and be nice to people to get anywhere in life.

Nothing corrupts an individual more than living off other people's money. That's why I'm such an arrogant brat myself, been living off my parents for so long.
Reply 12
Public birching.
Howard
Public birching.

Make that a proper flogging, w/fresh British Sea Salt thrown on the wounds of repeat offenders. These people do what they do because they can get away with it. The police can take them in, but what is to be done when the judicial systems sets the louts free again?
Reply 14
pikaboo
Set up a youth club. Seriously, I saw guys at my local one that would have been similar louts if they had nothing to do.

Well what did youths do back in the early 20th century? Hasn't anything changed in youth behaviour?
Reply 15
D00
Well what did youths do back in the early 20th century? Hasn't anything changed in youth behaviour?

They had jobs.
Need to pack in all this namby pamby do-gooder nonsense, and get some discipline on the go. Coppers should be able to give kids like this a good clip round the ear.
Reply 17
pikaboo
They had jobs.

I think the point is that we tend to see yesteryear as a time of universal moral superiority, courtesy, and upstanding manners when that is very unlikely to have been the case. London's gin shops were serving booze to 8 year olds until late in the 19th century and I think if the OP went back in time and walked around London in 1870 she'd hear quite a bit of "Ere miss -suck me cock for a farthing" from 11 year old "Artful Dodgers" out of their brains on gin (and probably opium):smile:
Reply 18
Yes, a small bit of violence can be used for good. They never had these problems back in the day did they?
Reply 19
gas_panic!
Need to pack in all this namby pamby do-gooder nonsense, and get some discipline on the go. Coppers should be able to give kids like this a good clip round the ear.

Amen to that.

Latest

Trending

Trending