The Student Room Group

Do Medicine courses accept A-Levels that have been taken early?

Hi,

I was just wondering whether unis would accept my Turkish A-Level which i done across year 10 and 11.

my AS grades were ABBD and I'll most probably get AAA predicted grades. Most unis have AAAb requirements. Would my Turkish A-level make up for the bad d AS grade or should i maybe think of putting off applying for medicine this year?
Reply 1
Unfortunately not - they need three A2s taken together in year 13. It may count as points on some UCAS schemes (Barts maybe?), but if it's your native language I don't think there's any way to benefit from it from an exam perspective, but maybe a useful skill in your PS?
Reply 2
Original post by HCubed
Unfortunately not - they need three A2s taken together in year 13. It may count as points on some UCAS schemes (Barts maybe?), but if it's your native language I don't think there's any way to benefit from it from an exam perspective, but maybe a useful skill in your PS?

Thanks, umm also do you know whether the uni's who do not have set grade requirements for the fourth AS Level actually care which grade you get for it? Or does the absence mean that it doesn't matter? Because I really don't want to apply if they're going to automatically reject me for my D. I was thinking maybe i could just apply to the unis that have 'AAA' requirements rather than say 'AAAb'.
Reply 3
It's all in the medicine wiki, top right, under entrance requirements. If it isn't clear, you will need to contact admissions directly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending