The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I am 18 and my boyfriend is 27. I couldn't go for anyone my age or younger, or anyone older than 30. 27 is perfect :biggrin:
So most girls wouldn't go out with men either their own age or younger than themselves? That's depressing. I've often had crushes on girls older than myself but have failed to make progress because of my age (I'm 19 and the women in question have been aged 20-23 etc). It's ridiculous that age is so important. They sometimes seem to think of age alone and disregard all my other qualities because of it.

Do girls strictly go for older men as a rule which is written in stone? Or is it a rule which is made to be broken?

(Note to self: When I meet an older woman lie about my age)
Reply 42
aww..lol nah i just havn't actually met a guy slightly younger than me or same age that i liked/found attractive. not to say i never will.
I just won't go out with people younger than me... but saying that i'm born in August so that just generally meant 'the year below'... i don't know why - just me! Usually got with people 1/2 years older (i'm 19)!

-x-
I like the older man meself :p: more wisdom in many areas :rolleyes: you only have to look at Mr. Depp to be in love with the older man :rofl: (can never resist posting a picture of the Depp mister :biggrin:)

Aaalso I do think a woman's desire for an older man stems from child hood or teenage years. It's very cliche but it's either you seek a father figure after being without one, or you have had a very strong father figure and seek this protectivness and authority in a partner...xxx
Reply 45
21-29. And I'm 18.
Reply 46
Anonymous
So most girls wouldn't go out with men either their own age or younger than themselves? That's depressing. I've often had crushes on girls older than myself but have failed to make progress because of my age (I'm 19 and the women in question have been aged 20-23 etc). It's ridiculous that age is so important. They sometimes seem to think of age alone and disregard all my other qualities because of it.

Do girls strictly go for older men as a rule which is written in stone? Or is it a rule which is made to be broken?

(Note to self: When I meet an older woman lie about my age)

I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 21 months younger than me. We've been together over years and it's never been a problem really - he's not specially mature for his age, he's just not a ********, which always helps! Mind you, it wasn't like we knew each other then got together; it was more of a chance occurence :wink:

Although I find some older men attractive, it's not solely because of their age. I've also never really been bothered about a guy being able to financially protect me or pay for lots of nice things for me - endless singledom at school and for the first year and a half of university made me very independent so that I don't need men to do anything for me. I'm not sure, but I think that could partly be why girls go for older men.
Reply 47
My friend is 23 soon and seeing a 43 man who is unattractive and in a relationship with another woman of 6 months, he also has an 8 month old son with another woman - great guy. I don't think age comes into for myself, I prefer personality and someone who is not a cheat.
I can't understand why people whould throw their youth away with the middle-aged. Bizarre.
I like older guys. i once dated someone 21 years older than me.
But i also like guys my age, and would even date one year younger if they're sound.

I'm just open minded i guess. :wink:
Angel83
My friend is 23 soon and seeing a 43 man who is unattractive and in a relationship with another woman of 6 months, he also has an 8 month old son with another woman - great guy. I don't think age comes into for myself, I prefer personality and someone who is not a cheat.

Oh your friend is gonna be so hurt at some point, if only she could see what a horrible cheat he is.

Personally age isn't a massive issue but however the difference between a 18 year old and say someone who is 30 is quite big and of course you want different things at that stage in life.
Reply 51
My age range I would consider is 21-24, I don't think I could cope with someone who was older, been there and done everything I have yet to achieve and the possible manipulation.
Reply 52
Carl1982 - "Oh your friend is gonna be so hurt at some point"

I agree, let her get on with it - old enough to make her own mistakes and understand the consequences.
no older than 21, no younger than 17. I'm 18
Reply 54
Tend to go for guys older than me, I'm 23 and my current beau is 33.
Find that it works for me, I have a kid so steer clear of guys my own age or younger when it comes to dating. I worry that they won't understand or get bored when I have to stay in with my daughter.
Maybe I'm giving them a hard time, I'm sure they'd be fine initialy but after a year??
I made a decision to have my daughter knowing full well what sacrifices would have to be made, don't think it's very fair of me to ask the same from a young chap.
Reply 55
I'm 18 and find that most guys my own age are immature or only after 1 thing (not saying all of you are like that just the ones i've met) and also i don't find guys my own age particularly attractive, i like someone a bit manly. I usually like men who are aged 25 to 35 although i do find certain film stars 40+ attractive (Mr Depp:wink: )
own age are immature or only after 1 thing

I usually like men who are aged 25 to 35...

And what, exactly, do you think that these men are after?

The love of a good woman? Someone to settle down with?

No, they're looking to **** an 18 year old behind their wives' backs, and brag about it to their mates.

Horses for courses though.
Reply 57
mipmapped

No, they're looking to **** an 18 year old behind their wives backs, and brag about it to their mates.

Totally agree - happening to my friend at the moment.
Reply 58
I like older men, my boyfriend is 23 and i'm 18 we get on great. My boyfriend before that was 4 years older than me. However every single one of my friends in a relationship at sixth form, the girl was the elder... it was odd.
Reply 59
mipmapped
And what, exactly, do you think that these men are after?

The love of a good woman? Someone to settle down with?

No, they're looking to **** an 18 year old behind their wives' backs, and brag about it to their mates.

Horses for courses though.

Maybee the ones u know but the guy i have my eye on at the mo is about 30 and he's single and really sweet and shy i can tell he's not the kind of guy who just wants a **** cos he's not the arrogant big headed type. I find that people aged about 30 r looking more for a relationship rather than sex. I know there r men out there who r just looking for a young girl 2 **** tho so i take ure point.

Latest

Trending

Trending