The Student Room Group

RAF Application Process

Hey all.

soooo, I have made an application for the RAF and passed the AST test and had the interview yesterday. Does anyone know how long it will be until I find out if I passed? Also, what are your experiences in the other parts of the application process? What is the health assessment like for a girl? What happens? Thank you :smile:
What position did you apply for?
Reply 2
Shouldn't take long for them to tell you whether you've passed or not. Health assessment is pretty straight forward. You will be asked to strip down to your underwear so wear something appropriate. It's a little bit uncomfortable but it's really nothing to worry about and it's all standard procedure, urine test, heart, lungs, blood pressure, height, weight etc. You maybe asked to do a few press ups but there's nothing "invasive" about it if thats what you're worried about.
The fitness test is pretty easy if you've prepared for it. You'll be given a guideline as to what will happen during each stage of the application so everything should happen as expected. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
After medical you'll have PJFT, and after that PRTC about which you can read more here:

http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafhalton/recruits/index.cfm

From my interview to getting confirmation at final interview 5 months lapsed, but everyone is different, some only have 2 months, some 10, especially if it is your medical that gets slow Capita could be a nightmare.
Good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
You have the joys of CAPITA to look forward to. Make sure you go into your medical, armed to the teeth with various documentation regarding any past injuries/illness'(if any) in an attempt to make that process as plain sailing as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest