The Student Room Group

English Lit Induction task help!! For Monday!

I have till Monday to read one of the following novels in this reading list. http://www.longroad.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/English-Literature-AS-reading-list.pdf
However i don't physically have a book to read yet so i'm not sure if theres anything i can do to make this task possible for Monday. Could I read one online to save time? Or is one quicker to read than another? The book I pick is important as i need to then do the following.

Make notes on the following points:
Describe the narrative structure of the novel and the effects you think this creates.
(Is it a first/third person narrative? Does the story follow a straightforward timeline or does
it move backwards/forwards? Are there different narrators? Does the narrator see/know
everything?)
Outline the attributes of the central character/s. Why do we like/dislike certain characters?
Briefly describe your feelings about the main character of the novel.
Identify the main theme/s of the novel. Events in novels often explore themes that are
relevant to the world we, as readers, live in. Explain what current world events you think
relate to this novel and why.
Summarise what you enjoyed most about the novel you have read and explain the effect it
has had on you.
Identify one area of the novel that you think could be improved and offer suggestions as to
how this could be done.

Any help would be greatly appreciate!:smile::smile:
Choose the book that interests you the most since you're more likely to read it quickly. There are plenty of websites that will let you download books to your phone (or tablet?) PM me and I'll tell you the ones I use if you can't find one on Google :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by mollyxrose
Choose the book that interests you the most since you're more likely to read it quickly. There are plenty of websites that will let you download books to your phone (or tablet?) PM me and I'll tell you the ones I use if you can't find one on Google :smile:

Thank you so much! I'm going to sleep on it and pick first thing tomorrow! I guess the ones i think sound interesting, i can't find available to read online:/ so it's a bit of a pain :smile: but if i can find one on a website you use that would be so helpful:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest