The Student Room Group

Sore nipple area?

I've had this problem for months now. I'm only 16 but, the left handside of my chest is more 'puffy' and the nipple is really 'plump' however, it's painfully sore. To the point that even putting on shirt causes pain. But, the right side is flat and kinda saggy. No pain at all. My brother thinks its not puberty and I'm gonna go to the GP tomorrow, what is if? I'm guessing its just puberty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you male or female?
Reply 2
It's probably a condition called gynecomastia: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia. The most common cause of which is believed to be hormonal fluctuations during puberty (overproduction of estrogen in comparison to testosterone).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Minuscule Mort
It's probably a condition called gynecomastia: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia. The most common cause of which is believed to be hormonal fluctuations during puberty (overproduction of estrogen in comparison to testosterone).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had this problem and only way to get rid it to do surgery to take unwanted breast tissue out.
I had this few years ago under one nipple, had it removed by surgery, then appeared under another nipple but took medicine and it disappeared. Your best choice would be to see your GP as always because it's different for everyone.

My cause was too much of female hormones or something similar.
Reply 6
Original post by Minuscule Mort

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh.
Original post by shazam1994
I had this problem and only way to get rid it to do surgery to take unwanted breast tissue out.

Oh.....
Original post by ForgetMe
I had this few years ago under one nipple, had it removed by surgery, then appeared under another nipple but took medicine and it disappeared. Your best choice would be to see your GP as always because it's different for everyone.

Ohhh D:
Original post by DebkoX
Oh.

Oh.....

Ohhh D:

Your 16 and it high chance it go away. If your are 21 like me then you will need to worry.
Original post by ForgetMe

Original post by shazam1994

Where did you guys have your surgery from and has it come back, I'm thinking of getting surgery when I'm at uni as I had Gynecomastia since I was 14 and now I'm 19. Also does the surgery hurt and how long does it take to recover
Reply 9
This used to happen to me when my boobs were still growing. I swear even air felt like knives. Tho I must say it's unusual that there is such a difference between the breasts.
Original post by Audiology-Med
Where did you guys have your surgery from and has it come back, I'm thinking of getting surgery when I'm at uni as I had Gynecomastia since I was 14 and now I'm 19. Also does the surgery hurt and how long does it take to recover

I had my surgery when I was still living in my home country and no, it never came back. I didn't feel anything because I was fully asleep. I got let out of hospital the next day after the surgery but did not go back to school for over a week because was terrified that I might hurt the place they cut.

Quick Reply

Latest