The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

So, Oxford Road (the main road into uni) collapsed...

A rather unusual situation - a sewer collapsed under Oxford Road, outside the Manchester Royal Infirmary (just south of the university), and the roadworks are going to last 4-6 weeks from 4th September (the timing could not be better!)

I've drawn a map here https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=z97uhZB95A8k.kpK-FH-sMLD4

As you can see, the buses aren't currently running through the middle of campus, as they normally do, so do take account of this (and the extra time involved) when planning your journey into uni and town :smile:

On the upside, both pedestrians and cyclists are unaffected (there's a segregated cycle path along that section)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
And I was wondering why the buses changed their route. Saw a hole in the ground when I walked past that road though
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
wat 4-6 weeks :l thats longgg
Original post by chocolattelee
wat 4-6 weeks :l thats longgg

They're saying it's going to be open again tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
They're saying it's going to be open again tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

awhhh yey then...i know they opened some part of the oxford but not all :biggrin:
Original post by chocolattelee
awhhh yey then...i know they opened some part of the oxford but not all :biggrin:

They just rererouted the MagicBuses down Hathersage road and Grafton st rather than reopening more of it as such :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently it's now diverted indefinitely as united utilities found more problems...
Reply 7
Oh its incredible isnt it? A major thoroughfare into the city is blocked off for so long. This job should be worked on 24/7 and it would soon be sorted.
Original post by Limpopo
Oh its incredible isnt it? A major thoroughfare into the city is blocked off for so long. This job should be worked on 24/7 and it would soon be sorted.

It was sorted weeks ago :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Origami Bullets
It was sorted weeks ago :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes i know..im just making the point that blockages on major thoroughfares should be worked on 24/7.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending