The Student Room Group

eed a home tutor to improve my english listening and speaking

I am studying at the University of Birmingham, and will need a home tutor to improve my english listening and speaking recently.
I hope the tutor is native english and a student from the university of birmingham.
You can teach my english from 6:00-7:00 PM everyday, the fee is 10 pounds/hour. I hope you can keep it one month at least.
If you want to try it, please contact me, telephone: 07459759373
Original post by li jsea
I am studying at the University of Birmingham, and will need a home tutor to improve my english listening and speaking recently.
I hope the tutor is native english and a student from the university of birmingham.
You can teach my english from 6:00-7:00 PM everyday, the fee is 10 pounds/hour. I hope you can keep it one month at least.
If you want to try it, please contact me, telephone: 07459759373

Want a free lesson? Firstly, it's considered a lot more polite in English culture to say "I would like" instead of "I want" or "will need". English is a proper noun in our language therefore the first letter "E" is always capitalised. "listening and speaking recently" makes no sense, the recently does not need to be in the sentence. Birmingham is also a proper noun.
It should be up to the tutor when they can teach and how much they charge, NOT the student.

I hope you don't interpret this as rude, I'm not. I want to help you improve not only your English but also show you how to come across as more English. Like I said, some things which sound normal in your native language may translate too literally in English and come across as rude.

:smile:
Reply 2
I am studying at the University of Birmingham, and would like a home tutor to improve my listening and speaking English.
Requirment: 1) the tutor is a student from the university of birmingham
2) English is his native language.
3)
teach my english from 6:00-7:00 PM everyday, 10 pounds/hour.
4) do it one month at least.

If you would like to try it, please contact me, telephone: 07459759373
Reply 3
Original post by li jsea
I am studying at the University of Birmingham, and would like a home tutor to improve my English listening and speaking skills.

Requirements: 1) the tutor is a student from the University of Birmingham
2) English is his their native language.
(female too? as in - his/her)
3) teach my me English from 6:00-7:00 PM everyday, 10 pounds/hour.
4) do it one month at least.
If you would like to try it, please contact me, telephone: 07459759373

I'm currently helping someone with their English through private messaging by simply chatting and correcting them as we go along.
I don't charge and it's a bit like how the other reply tried to correct you.

On that note, I made some corrections to your quote above.

Your fourth requirement doesn't make sense as well, but I couldn't correct it as I wasn't sure what you were getting at.
I would guess that it means you want tuition for at least one month.

Also, I see that you have edited 'will need' to 'would like'. To be honest, I see nothing wrong with stating your requirements in a direct manner, so 'will need' was not inappropriate even though it was stated by 'King Max'. Similarly, I didn't see much wrong with stating your price, as contrary to what 'King Max' said it is a two-way agreement.

I know you want to improve your listening and speaking skills, but feel as though those skills can benefit by just improving your writing online.

I noticed that you've posted on the wrong board so a mod will probably move your thread.

Finally, I'd just like to say that you would probably have more luck advertising your requirements on a university noticeboard or FaceBook page. You could even try checking if the University has their own English classes or relevant society.
Lastly, joining a society and speaking to friends/course-mates in general should improve your English.

Good luck! Feel free to reply. Quote or Private Message me. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending