The Student Room Group

Medicine with a 2:2

Hi guys;

I have a 2:2 law degree (due to serious accident in 1st year of my studies that left me with permanent disability).

I would love to do to medicine, but nearly all the Scottish med schools Ive spoken to have flatly turned me down outright: because of my 2:2 degree, i.e. irrespective of my qualifications thereafter, I am too crap for them, even though my law degree is not a science degree.

I wonder if this is true of Aberdeen university also? Is there ANY way I can EVER study medicine (within the UK), or is that door forever and permanently closed to me? If so; thats a tremendous shame, but; I'll just have to accept that as how things are.

Please don't pull any punches with me, don't sugarcoat things. Just give it to me straight guys.
Reply 1
Original post by apronedsamurai
Hi guys;

I have a 2:2 law degree (due to serious accident in 1st year of my studies that left me with permanent disability).

I would love to do to medicine, but nearly all the Scottish med schools Ive spoken to have flatly turned me down outright: because of my 2:2 degree, i.e. irrespective of my qualifications thereafter, I am too crap for them, even though my law degree is not a science degree.

I wonder if this is true of Aberdeen university also? Is there ANY way I can EVER study medicine (within the UK), or is that door forever and permanently closed to me? If so; thats a tremendous shame, but; I'll just have to accept that as how things are.

Please don't pull any punches with me, don't sugarcoat things. Just give it to me straight guys.

Some GAMSAT unis accept 2.2s, e.g. Nottingham and St George's. Don't know if they would accept a law degree or not. Do some research.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending