The Student Room Group

Switching gyms as a Gym Group member

Hi,

I'm looking into getting membership at the Gym Group, and couldn't figure out how switching between gyms can work.

If I sign up for single site membership and then wish to change my site for say one month (usually home for whole of January) before returning to my original site at uni, would there be any additional charges?

Obviously some sites are more expensive (e.g. the London sites are more expensive than others) but other than that increase, would I have to pay anything like another joining fee or something?

I couldn't figure this out for sure on the Gym Group's FAQs, so was just wondering if anyone else has tried something like this before.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Use Err Name
Hi,

I'm looking into getting membership at the Gym Group, and couldn't figure out how switching between gyms can work.

If I sign up for single site membership and then wish to change my site for say one month (usually home for whole of January) before returning to my original site at uni, would there be any additional charges?

Obviously some sites are more expensive (e.g. the London sites are more expensive than others) but other than that increase, would I have to pay anything like another joining fee or something?

I couldn't figure this out for sure on the Gym Group's FAQs, so was just wondering if anyone else has tried something like this before.

Thanks!

I haven't tried this but I just have a very good feeling you wouldn't have to pay the joining fee again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some have fixed term contracts which cannot be broken. You are bound to pay them...FOREVER.
Reply 3
Hi,

Thanks!

Why not just get the multi site membership? It's the same price iirc.
Reply 4
I imagine you'd get the best answer by going in and asking then.
Reply 5
Original post by tomtjl
Why not just get the multi site membership? It's the same price iirc.

Its not, or everyone would get it of course. Unless your primary site is very expensive, but I know mine is cheaper than the multi site membership
Reply 6
Original post by ElChapo
Its not, or everyone would get it of course. Unless your primary site is very expensive, but I know mine is cheaper than the multi site membership

Fair enough, I was at West Hampstead gym and for me single site membership was £20.99 and multi site membership was £20.99.

If you look on the website, once you've signed up, you can switch between single and multi site memberships at any time. So if you swap from single to multi for the month of January and then switch it back, that could work.
Hmm i'll go and ask them then and post back here their answer. Thanks for your replies guys
Reply 8
Hmm i'll go and ask them then and post back here their answer. Thanks for your replies guys

So what did they say?
Reply 9
I have the original £9.99 deal and the crooks wont allow me to change it to a different home gym, without paying more, even though I have moved house. I have supported them from the very beginning and convinced loads of friends and family members to join and have been promoting their business for the last GOD knows how many years but now that I want to move to another gym they want me to pay extra!!! That's what your get for loyalty!!!

Quick Reply

Latest