The Student Room Group

How to dress posh/rah?

I would say my dress sense is somewhat rah at the moment but because I'm off to Durham soon I thought it would be a good opportunity to change my wardrobe and make it completely rah/posh.

Any help please?

Scroll to see replies

Jack Wills trackies, gilet, Ugg boots, tied up hair, and a thick layer of makeup.

Don't forget the Macbook Pro -- not just the normal one, otherwise you're a peasant.
Reply 2
Not off to Cambridge though are we?

nexusae0_personal_trollface_hd.png

Orange paint?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by im so academic
I would say my dress sense is somewhat rah at the moment but because I'm off to Durham soon I thought it would be a good opportunity to change my wardrobe and make it completely rah/posh.

Any help please?

You should dress in clothes that you like, not what you think will make you fit in with a stereotype.
Original post by tehforum
Jack Wills trackies, gilet, Ugg boots, tied up hair, and a thick layer of makeup.

Don't forget the Macbook Pro -- not just the normal one, otherwise you're a peasant.

Thank you, anything else?

Original post by RobertWhite
Not off to Cambridge though are we?

nexusae0_personal_trollface_hd.png

Durham > Southampton.

Serious replies please. :smile:

Original post by Alex-Torres
You should dress in clothes that you like, not what you think will make you fit in with a stereotype.

I like how rahs dress though and I want to imitate it.
Original post by Alex-Torres

She won't care, if you've seen her other posts all she wants is to fit in and find someone who likes her.

Anyways Jack Willis is your man...pun intended
Thank you, anything else?

Durham > Southampton.

I like how rahs dress though and I want to imitate it.

A Michael Kors or Burberry handbag

Ah, tehforum! Glad that you're on this thread. I've always admired your posts and your personality. I appreciate your suggestion. Anything else I could get?
Anything by Jack Wills, Hollister, A&F
Reply 9
Ralph Lauren.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Anything by Jack Wills, Hollister, A&F

I already shop at those places. :smile:

Durham > Southampton.

You can't pull the university card on me. You're going to have to get a job first before we make any pre-conceptual judgements of success based on university :wink:

I'm serious, some nice orange tan would be perfect. You don't want to look like you didn't go on a gap year right?
(edited 9 years ago)
Ah, tehforum! Glad that you're on this thread. I've always admired your posts and your personality. I appreciate your suggestion. Anything else I could get?

That's it.

Maybe Hackett, Ralph Lauren, Boden, Joules could be on there.

But the basics have already been laid out
This may be quite helpful, this is kind of the look I want to achieve: http://catieeliza.wordpress.com/2012/03/12/being-a-rah-for-a-day/
"rah"? :s-smilie: am I too disadvantaged to not be aware of this? :redface:
Original post by RobertWhite
You can't pull the university card on me. You're going to have to get a job first before we make any pre-conceptual judgements of success based on university :wink:

I'm serious, some nice orange tan would be perfect. You don't want to look like you didn't go on a gap year right?

I want to look rah not chavvy.
Reply 16
Plus the hair should ALWAYS be a in a messy bun style.
I want to look rah not chavvy.

Sun bed?

You could tell them you built orphanages in Africa or something.

She wants the D
Personalised Ralph Lauren. Toms, loads of Toms, even in the winter. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest