The Student Room Group

Is the Numeracy and Literacy level 2 test Multiple choice questions?

Hello i have an offer at my local college to study an access course and they said I need to do a numeracy and literacy level 2 exam and i was wondering if the numeracy exam is miltiple choice also are you allow to use a calculator? I am very scared because I have not done maths for 10 years and my my mothet tongue is not english. Really appreciate the help. My test it on tuesday :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
I passed them and still didn't get in
Reply 2
Original post by New- Emperor
I passed them and still didn't get in

I am really sorry to hear. Why though? Also was both test multiple choice and can you use a calculator.
Well my GCSE'S are not to good and she was all like redoing English and math while doing the Access will be to hard for you sorry goodbye
Reply 4
Original post by SeaNanners
Hello i have an offer at my local college to study an access course and they said I need to do a numeracy and literacy level 2 exam and i was wondering if the numeracy exam is miltiple choice also are you allow to use a calculator? I am very scared because I have not done maths for 10 years and my my mothet tongue is not english. Really appreciate the help. My test it on tuesday :frown:

Hi, I took my tests back in February, but from what I can remember the numeracy had some multiple choice, but mostly you had to give a written answer, and the literacy was mostly made up of multiple choice.

NewEmperor - there were some at my interview and testing day who also did not have the GCSE's to make it onto the course, but were instead given the option of doing a pre-access course, which a year spent getting students up to level they needed to be to start the access course the following year. Is this not offered at the college you applied to? Or maybe you could retake your GCSE's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Also, SeaNanners, the tea was done on a computer, and an on screen calculator was provided for the questions you were allowed to use them for. Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got levels 3 and 2 which are good passes just don't mess up the interview bit
are the questions hard? what kind of questions do they ask? are most multiple choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending