The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Best gym for weight training?

I'm moving to Bangor in a week or so and was wandering what the best gym is for weight training?

Looking for a variety of equipment such as resistance machines, benchpress, squat rack barbells etc.

DW fitness looks promising but can't find out what facilities they have.. I guess the alternative is the Bangor Uni gym, I'd like to know what that's like if anyone knows?

I'm also looking for a gym buddy to help with spots etc, if you're in the same boat gimme a holla!
Original post by mmquicksand
I'm moving to Bangor in a week or so and was wandering what the best gym is for weight training?

Looking for a variety of equipment such as resistance machines, benchpress, squat rack barbells etc.

DW fitness looks promising but can't find out what facilities they have.. I guess the alternative is the Bangor Uni gym, I'd like to know what that's like if anyone knows?

I'm also looking for a gym buddy to help with spots etc, if you're in the same boat gimme a holla!

Good question, I'm curious to find out too. As for the gym buddy, I'll be down depending on if we are at the same gym.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Cool, im moving down on the 15th so will probs scout out the gyms on the 16-17th and find out which one looks the best
Reply 3
I've tried looking but I cant see anything about the anything about the facilities apart from it'll be £90 for 9 months? Thats way cheap, but maybe they only have 1 rack and 10kg dumbbells :s-smilie:
Reply 4
I gave DW fitness a call this morning and they have two squat racks, 2 smith machines, 2 cables, 2 bench press and dumbbells up to 50kg. I was hoping for some leg curling machines as well but he didn't mention them. And membership is £20 or £30 depending on the times you want to use it.
Original post by mmquicksand
I gave DW fitness a call this morning and they have two squat racks, 2 smith machines, 2 cables, 2 bench press and dumbbells up to 50kg. I was hoping for some leg curling machines as well but he didn't mention them. And membership is £20 or £30 depending on the times you want to use it.

DW gym looks impressive

I would love these equipments

ham/glute raises

t bar row machine

and also Olympic sized plates for deadlifting

Only pic I can find of the gym

I would love a t bar, ham raise, t bar machine, seat calves and also a shrug machine.
All the gyms in america also have these kind of hammer strength machines that i desire, no fair :angry:.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
I get the impression from the DW website that they use generic pictures for all their gyms, if you click on a different gym they own it will show that same picture..
Reply 8
I went to dw yesterday and its got everything you could need weight training wise, loads of machines, benches etc plus theres no joining fee and students get 20% off. If anyones after a training partner or wanna talk about general training stuff give us a shout on facebook. Facebook.com/forsterjon
DW or Ffriddoedd Site's (Brailsford sports centre). For students it's £90 for 9 months.. If you were the public or even staff you would pay £200-260. I know a lot of the societies use Brailsford it was refurbished this year and over the Summer. They even changed the name from Maes Glas to Brailsford for the new opening.
Reply 10
I was wondering this too as I'm looking to weight train, apparently Brailsford has dumbbells up to 60kg and several different training rooms/areas, thinking of going for this one :smile:
Yeah im gunna check out brailsford for the future cos dw is 14 a month more but I doubt it has the facilities that dw does when it comes to weight training equipment..

Quick Reply

Latest