The Student Room Group

Medical Imaging (Diagnostic Radiography) Clincal Placement

Hi everyone,

I'm about to enter my final year of a degree completely unrelated to anything in the healthcare field, but I'm considering applying for BSc Medical Imaging (Diagnostic Radiography) as a second degree.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice about the clinical placements involved in this course - particularly students at Exeter, since that is where I'm currently studying and will apply to study Medical Imaging, if this is a route I decide to go down, but input from students everywhere would be greatly appreciated!

The uni website says that clinical placements can be in one of 10 locations, some of which are quite far from Exeter, such as Bournemouth and Truro, so commuting from Exeter wouldn't be an option. I was wondering how accommodation works for this degree, as I assume you can't live in a place with a normal 40 week contract, like halls or a regular student house. Do the uni/NHS give you any help with this?

Also, would I struggle getting to/from these placements without a car? I'm particularly worried about having to get to/from a night shift using public transport as it doesn't seem particularly safe.

Thanks for any help in advance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest