The Student Room Group

Getting into Law with IT A-level?!

I am hoping to apply for a law degree at the likes of Birmingham and Glasgow (undecided on the others) and was wondering if IT A level would be accepted. I am also doing Maths and Economics. I achieved a B in IT AS and a B in my other AS, Further Maths. Should I continue IT or retake modules and bring my Further Maths grade up to an A? I feel I can get an A in IT overall with the work.
Reply 1
What are you predicted?!!
Reply 2
The general requirement is not for specific subjects but just for you to have 3 A levels predicted or achieved at the required grades, however some universities do have subjects they don't consider to be 'rigorous' I guess.

This might help:
http://university.which.co.uk/advice/six-things-you-need-to-know-before-making-your-a-level-choices
Reply 3
Original post by kate300
What are you predicted?!!

A* in Maths, A in IT, and an M2 (B) in Economics
I got into Sheffield whilst doing ICT, among other subjects. But If I could go back in time I would have chosen another subject like Biology or English Language instead because they are often looked more favourably upon, which may be a factor in whether they are still considering you despite not falling slightly short of the requirements for the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending