The Student Room Group

What should I say about Further Maths in my personal statement?

Because of the way we studied Further Maths this year, my class have neither a full A-Level in maths nor an AS in Further Maths - what should I say about Further Maths, then in my personal statement as I can't say what grade I am looking at? Should I try and find out my predicted grade, or should I just say I'm carrying on with Further Maths and not mention grades.
For a maths and philosophy course btw.
Thank you.
Original post by Paradoxic
Because of the way we studied Further Maths this year, my class have neither a full A-Level in maths nor an AS in Further Maths - what should I say about Further Maths, then in my personal statement as I can't say what grade I am looking at? Should I try and find out my predicted grade, or should I just say I'm carrying on with Further Maths and not mention grades.
For a maths and philosophy course btw.
Thank you.

Don't talk about your A level subjects. Talk about the course you are applying for. Admissions tutors know what A levels involve, and everyone who studies them has the same experience. It tells them nothing about you and your interest in, knowledge of, and suitability for the course you are applying for.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Don't talk about your A level subjects. Talk about the course you are applying for. Admissions tutors know what A levels involve, and everyone who studies them has the same experience. It tells them nothing about you and your interest in, knowledge of, and suitability for the course you are applying for.

Makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending