The Student Room Group

Dental hygiene and therapy 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pfly
My top pick is Queen Mary, is anyone else thinking about applying there?

Mee! My second pic! Cant wait to her something from them.
Reply 21
Original post by Jessio
I have one then tooo������������ the tests should be ok since we can have a calculator

I am so scared cause I haven't done any maths since GCSE. Do you know what kind/level/type of maths/literacy we are going to get tested on? :confused::confused::confused:
Original post by pfly
I am so scared cause I haven't done any maths since GCSE. Do you know what kind/level/type of maths/literacy we are going to get tested on? :confused::confused::confused:

Literally gcse level probably, since maths isn't a required a level would be a bit mean to throw harder than gcse maths stuff😁😁
Reply 23
Hi guys. I am in my first year studying at Essex. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
Reply 24
what do the ask in interview??? really scared:colondollar:
Original post by Slcookie
Hi guys. I am in my first year studying at Essex. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

how was the numeracy and literacy tests?? more GCSE standard would you say?
Original post by Slcookie

Hello, what were the tests like? :smile: are you enjoying the course? :smile:
Reply 27
Prepare for standard questions.
Why do you want to be a hygienist? What can you bring to the course? Why Essex? Why now? That sort of thing
Reply 28
GCSE basic questions. Learn percentages, fractions, addition and multiplication. English again quite basic spelling and putting words in blank boxes.
Reply 29
Yes really enjoying the course. Getting my head down as a lot of work but it will all be worth it. Good luck. When are your interviews?
Reply 30
Original post by Annarose_90
Is anyone waiting to hear from Teesside?

Hi, I applied to Teesside about a month ago and am still waiting to hear :s-smilie: where else have you applied to?
Reply 31
Original post by Jessio
Literally gcse level probably, since maths isn't a required a level would be a bit mean to throw harder than gcse maths stuff������������

Could you please let me know what we need to bring to the interview tomorrow, in terms of documents and stuff. I lost my letter :/
Original post by pfly
Could you please let me know what we need to bring to the interview tomorrow, in terms of documents and stuff. I lost my letter :/

Certificates(I put gcse and as) then transcripts(As and GCSEs is what I put) passport, two passport sized photos with our full name on the back, a second reference. I'm confused we have to be there for 9 right?
Reply 33
Original post by Jessio
Certificates(I put gcse and as) then transcripts(As and GCSEs is what I put) passport, two passport sized photos with our full name on the back, a second reference. I'm confused we have to be there for 9 right?

Thank you:smile: and we have to be there for 9.30. What does it mean by a second reference?
Original post by pfly
Thank you:smile: and we have to be there for 9.30. What does it mean by a second reference?

Haha great, might be a tad bit early. I got a second academic reference so another teacher said comments about me. You can get it a employment reference.. From work you have :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Jessio
Haha great, might be a tad bit early. I got a second academic reference so another teacher said comments about me. You can get it a employment reference.. From work you have :smile:

I'm travelling from London so hopefully i can still get there early:/ Oh wow I'm so unprepared, I don't have a reference, nor do I have spare passport pic :confused:
Original post by pfly
I'm travelling from London so hopefully i can still get there early:/ Oh wow I'm so unprepared, I don't have a reference, nor do I have spare passport pic :confused:

Ahhh I'm coming from london too!! Oh noo take a photo now and print it out on photo paper perhaps? Is there a photo booth nearby perhaps? There might be some at the Southend station
Reply 37
Original post by Jessio
Ahhh I'm coming from london too!! Oh noo take a photo now and print it out on photo paper perhaps? Is there a photo booth nearby perhaps? There might be some at the Southend station

I'm going to try and get it done at a tesco, on the way ://
Original post by pfly
I'm going to try and get it done at a tesco, on the way ://

Have you printed your confirmation email? I havent oops
Reply 39
anyone got an interview at teeside?

Quick Reply

Latest