The Student Room Group

Who's Your Favourite Rapper?

Hey guys, was just wondering who on TSR was interested in Hip Hop/Rap/Grime, and who they enjoyed listening to most.

I really love Eminem (don't hate, appreciate haha) and A$AP Rocky. However, from the UK scene, I listen quite a lot to Tempz and Sox, with some P Money in there too :P

Scroll to see replies

The only rapper I like is Iggy Azalea.
Sadistik

IMO Em is way too overrated, he's pretty decent but his fans put him way too high

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Wiz Khalifa
Reply 4
Original post by Arithmeticae
Sadistik

IMO Em is way too overrated, he's pretty decent but his fans put him way too high

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do think that some fanatic people worship Eminem in a way which annoys other people, me being one of the people it annoys sometimes. I just think his whole rap styles and personas win him over for me, even if he has slipped off a bit since the late 90's/early 00's
Reply 5
Original post by Autistic Merit

I haven't really listened to any of her songs apart from Black Widow, which I think has an amazing beat and feel. Might listen to her a bit mroe :colondollar:
True story: Around 2005/6 Sox was in a crew called Killer Cartel, I didn't know him personally but one of my pals from school started that group. Used to hang around Sutton Coldfield parade a lot around then and I've spat bars with them. I'm glad he's made it now.

Favourite rapper: Andre 3000.
Original post by Wilfred Little

Favourite rapper: Andre 3000.

i've seen you rank outkast's albums before but what's your favourite 3k feature?
Original post by white boy
i've seen you rank outkast's albums before but what's your favourite 3k feature?

Either the track with T.I.; 'Sorry', or 'Millionaire' which was Andre's track for The Love Below but given to Kelis for her album.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Either the track with T.I.; 'Sorry', or 'Millionaire' which was Andre's track for The Love Below but given to Kelis for her album.

i didn't even think of millionaire when i asked but i love that song. for me probably his verse on Interlude on Carter IV. or Pink Matter actually.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Biggie.

It was all a dream...
Tupac, you may think I'm saying it just because it's a cliche but really I like him the best of the ones I heard.

He does have his party tracks but he has so many songs that actually make you feel something and what he says is real. He can rap over a choir or classic piano and still make a great flowing track. You can rap along with him feeling the flow.
Some of his more aggressive songs are cool too as he had the nuts to diss half the industry, which may not be the best but I hate the way celebs are sucking up to eachother today to not get hate
Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Nas.

I really can't listen to UK Rap. I just don't like the sound, regardless of lyrics.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Autistic Merit

Original post by Leah910
Wiz Khalifa

These posts gave me cancer.

Toss up between 2pac, Nas and kendrick/Kanye for more modern times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
These posts gave me cancer.

Toss up between 2pac, Nas and kendrick/Kanye for more modern times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol, wiz khalifa is not that bad... i like 2pac, nas, and kendrick too :smile:
Original post by Leah910
Wiz Khalifa

Good taste. Blacc Hollywood is the best album of 2014.

For me, right now, Machine Gun Kelly. There's no question about it.
Atmosphere (Slug specifically), MF Doom, Pharcyde, 2pac and Mos Def are some of my favourites.
Eminem but I also love Tupac.
Will Smith!

Quick Reply

Latest