The Student Room Group

Edexcel Level 2 engineering diploma CV help

It said the CV help section is for reviewing, so this is the next best place I could think of putting this. If it's wrong please move to a more suitable forum.

I know that you add your education history on a CV, but I did an engineering higher diploma (Different from a BTEC) alongside my GCSEs and I'm not sure what name to put on my CV as I have several certificates from edexcel about the diploma with different names, I have:

Edexcel Level 2 principal learning in engineering [Grade B]
Edexcel Level 2 higher diploma in engineering [Grade B]
Edexcel Level 2 higher project [Grade B]
EAL Level 2 NVQ diploma in performing engineering operations (engineering practices) [No grade for this, I assume it's just a pass?]

I remember "Level 2 higher diploma in engineering" being the course title, but I don't know if the other ones should be mentioned or not.

(Note: This is just education history that I'm interested in ATM)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey, as far as I know, a higher diploma in engineering is never a Level 2, as Level 2 is equivalent to GCSE's. A Higher Diploma in Engineering is what we call a HND, and it's equivalent to 1st or even 2nd year of University.
This may be a Level 2 Engineering NVQ. I'm quite sure it's not a higher diploma, as higher diplomas in engineering are what I've explained (HND). Hope that clarifies and helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by numanali
Hey, as far as I know, a higher diploma in engineering is never a Level 2, as Level 2 is equivalent to GCSE's. A Higher Diploma in Engineering is what we call a HND, and it's equivalent to 1st or even 2nd year of University.
This may be a Level 2 Engineering NVQ. I'm quite sure it's not a higher diploma, as higher diplomas in engineering are what I've explained (HND). Hope that clarifies and helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is a level 2 qualification, I did it in year 10/11 so it isn't a HND. I'll probably email edexcel about it.
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/Diploma/DP021032%20Principal%20Learning%20in%20Engineering%20%20L12%20Phase%201%20Issue%203%20210410.pdf

The Foundation Diploma is broadly equivalent to five GCSEs. Similarly, the Higher Diploma broadly equates to seven GCSEs, whilst the Advanced Diploma broadly equates to three and a half GCE ‘A’ levels and the Progression Diploma to two and a half GCE ‘A’ levels.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by __Adam__
It is a level 2 qualification, I did it in year 10/11 so it isn't a HND. I'll probably email edexcel about it.
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/Diploma/DP021032%20Principal%20Learning%20in%20Engineering%20%20L12%20Phase%201%20Issue%203%20210410.pdf

Yes that's what I'm saying, that it isn't a higher diploma because a higher diploma is a HND. This would be a Level 2 diploma not a Level 2 higher diploma. I was simply correcting the 'higher' element you mentioned. Yes you should contact edexcel. You'll probably get a quicker reply if you contact your college or institution you completed this from. It should however say what your qualification is on your 'final' transcript and certificate that are issued by edexcel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by numanali
Yes that's what I'm saying, that it isn't a higher diploma because a higher diploma is a HND. This would be a Level 2 diploma not a Level 2 higher diploma. I was simply correcting the 'higher' element you mentioned. Yes you should contact edexcel. You'll probably get a quicker reply if you contact your college or institution you completed this from. It should however say what your qualification is on your 'final' transcript and certificate that are issued by edexcel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll contact school then thanks, the issue is there was several certificates, I'll probably end up putting the diploma and nvq on. I did find a transcript, it doesn't have the nvq included though, that was on a different certificate. ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410110024.079278.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Oh it says Level 2 higher diploma. This is new, as these don't exist now. Apologies for saying that this qualification doesn't exist, it's probably the old framework, because it recently changed, I think in 2012. Yeh, contact your school, they'll be able to compile all your modules to give you one qualification. Like with a BTEC level 3 extended diploma it has 18 modules, doesn't matter when you do them, even separately. So you'll be better off contacting your school :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending