The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I was rejected the other day too. Got an interview there last year, the only difference is a small paragraph on my personal statement, I've actually completed my masters degree, and I only got 700 on the ukcat this year.

I'm pretty certain my ukcat is the reason for my rejections, everything else got me interviews for geps last year.
OK I'm freaking out. The initial "welcome" email we got way back when, said there would be an article that we must read.

Is this something we are to have gotten, or is that just for the A100 applicants?

Other than that, I'm kind of looking forward to this one. It seems like it will give us a good shot at proving out abilities.
Reply 42
Withdrawn - good luck everybody in the running. :smile:
Original post by Cats-R-Us
OK I'm freaking out. The initial "welcome" email we got way back when, said there would be an article that we must read.

Is this something we are to have gotten, or is that just for the A100 applicants?

Other than that, I'm kind of looking forward to this one. It seems like it will give us a good shot at proving out abilities.

I haven't got an article or anything either. Just told to turn up on the day. Not sure what's the deal. I can't find any (or much useful) info about what the testing procedures are for the day. I wish I could to prepare a little. I'm a bit nervous about commenting on a clinical exam, not sure what they want from us.
I have an interview on Tuesday. Do we know anything about the selection centre apart from what was sent in the e-mail? Someone said something about a clinical exam - is it a clinical exam or a clinical consultation we'll be asked to comment on?

Getting nervous :eek:
Original post by geekdiddy
I have an interview on Tuesday. Do we know anything about the selection centre apart from what was sent in the e-mail? Someone said something about a clinical exam - is it a clinical exam or a clinical consultation we'll be asked to comment on?

Getting nervous :eek:

Oh man I have no idea. I'm a little nervous about this.
Original post by BD7391
Withdrawn - good luck everybody in the running. :smile:

how come you have withdrawn??
So, anyone else have an interview on thursday the 12th?
Reply 48
Original post by MondoBondo
So, anyone else have an interview on thursday the 12th?

Yep, morning session...I'm not at my best in the mornings!!
Original post by Xxyya
Yep, morning session...I'm not at my best in the mornings!!

Ah, I'm in the afternoon. 12.15. Glad it's not the morning, got a long journey the day before.
Reply 50
Ah, I'm in the afternoon. 12.15. Glad it's not the morning, got a long journey the day before.

I live in London so I can't complain too much about having the morning slot then!
Reply 51
I have an interview on Thrusday the 12th at 12.15 as well! Do we have any idea what the written exercise involves?
Reply 52
Original post by adderz242
how come you have withdrawn??

I withdrew as I got an offer from Swansea, which I had higher in my preferences than Barts, and I thought someone might be offered a last minute slot if I pulled out! Good luck to you. :smile:
Original post by AO212
I have an interview on Thrusday the 12th at 12.15 as well! Do we have any idea what the written exercise involves?

I have no idea. I feel a bit in the dark about the whole process other than the interview. Any ideas about watching a clinical exam?

Looking forward to turning up a bit early and scoping the place out.
Reply 54
I have no idea. I feel a bit in the dark about the whole process other than the interview. Any ideas about watching a clinical exam?

Looking forward to turning up a bit early and scoping the place out.

Same here, I'm rather confused as to what their whole process entails if I'm honest. In the e-mail we received, there is no mention of an interview, just that there is a written exercise, a doctor-patient consultation, a group task and a questionnaire at the end. My only thoughts are that they have subbed the traditional structured interview for a few written ethical questions and possibly something along the lines of "why med, why Bart's" etc. As for the clinical exam, I'm guessing it'll be involving commenting on a consultation that requires the doctor to be particularly tactful e.g. something involving bad news or an aggressive patient.

All of the above is only speculation though :P just a stab in the dark from what I could gather from Unis that have previously run this kind of selection day.
Original post by AO212
Same here, I'm rather confused as to what their whole process entails if I'm honest. In the e-mail we received, there is no mention of an interview, just that there is a written exercise, a doctor-patient consultation, a group task and a questionnaire at the end. My only thoughts are that they have subbed the traditional structured interview for a few written ethical questions and possibly something along the lines of "why med, why Bart's" etc. As for the clinical exam, I'm guessing it'll be involving commenting on a consultation that requires the doctor to be particularly tactful e.g. something involving bad news or an aggressive patient.

All of the above is only speculation though :P just a stab in the dark from what I could gather from Unis that have previously run this kind of selection day.

To be honest I was thinking the same thing about the consultation. There's no way they would be assessing any medical knowledge. It's going to be a scenario like you say or maybe looking for us to comment on general things such as, hey the doc didn't explain much or ask the patient if this and that was okay etc.

I'm glad it's not a MMI, I had one of them at Kings and I didn't enjoy the experience at all.
To be honest I was thinking the same thing about the consultation. There's no way they would be assessing any medical knowledge. It's going to be a scenario like you say or maybe looking for us to comment on general things such as, hey the doc didn't explain much or ask the patient if this and that was okay etc.

I'm glad it's not a MMI, I had one of them at Kings and I didn't enjoy the experience at all.

I may be completely wrong. But i was under the impression this was an MMI? I've never had one before (my other interviews were just panel interviews)
Original post by Callum3112
I may be completely wrong. But i was under the impression this was an MMI? I've never had one before (my other interviews were just panel interviews)

Nah this is an assessment centre with different tasks. An MMI is just a load of short interviews 1-1 with different interviewers, each one interviews you about one topic. MMIs usually take 45 min to an hour with 5-10 min interviews.
Nah this is an assessment centre with different tasks. An MMI is just a load of short interviews 1-1 with different interviewers, each one interviews you about one topic. MMIs usually take 45 min to an hour with 5-10 min interviews.

Oh ok I see. I wonder how they'll fill the 4 hours then
Reply 59
How did those with interviews get on today?

Latest

Trending

Trending