The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hopefully. Depends on the UKCAT score. Currently have 610 UCAS points achieved so will need a middle 700 to secure an interview.
Original post by Haider302
Hopefully. Depends on the UKCAT score. Currently have 610 UCAS points achieved so will need a middle 700 to secure an interview.

GEP/A101 is the graduate course for those with a degree. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Victoria Sponge
GEP/A101 is the graduate course for those with a degree. :smile:

I take it you're also thinking about Barts GEP?
Reply 4
I have looked at the website regarding the tariff points.
I am a bit confused how St Barts use the tariff points
Do they use predicted grades or achieved grades for the tariff?

Can someone help me to see if I have done it correctly?
I achieved AAABB in AS (B in General Studies)
Predicted grades A*AAB in A2 and will do EPQ predicted A
FSMQ grade A
Music grade 8 pass

Predicted A*AAB=480
B in general studies AS=50
Predicted a in EPQ =60
FSMQ grade A=20
Music grade 8 pass =55

total tariff 480+50+60+20+55=665

Have I done it right or wrong?
Thanks in advance
Reply 5
Original post by Haider302

Hi, my friends went to an event last year called PotMed at Imperial. It is held this Sunday in London. I think it could help you a lot. Especially with final changes to your personal statement and entry exams like the UKCAT and stuff. Why don't you give PotMed2014 a search in google. It will give you more information. I hope that helps. Good Luck with your application!!
Reply 6
Original post by lucky111
I have looked at the website regarding the tariff points.
I am a bit confused how St Barts use the tariff points
Do they use predicted grades or achieved grades for the tariff?

Can someone help me to see if I have done it correctly?
I achieved AAABB in AS (B in General Studies)
Predicted grades A*AAB in A2 and will do EPQ predicted A
FSMQ grade A
Music grade 8 pass

Predicted A*AAB=480
B in general studies AS=50
Predicted a in EPQ =60
FSMQ grade A=20
Music grade 8 pass =55

total tariff 480+50+60+20+55=665

Have I done it right or wrong?
Thanks in advance

Sorry I have no idea. This thread is for those applying to the 4 year graduate program.
Original post by munstah
Hi, my friends went to an event last year called PotMed at Imperial. It is held this Sunday in London. I think it could help you a lot. Especially with final changes to your personal statement and entry exams like the UKCAT and stuff. Why don't you give PotMed2014 a search in google. It will give you more information. I hope that helps. Good Luck with your application!!

Yep I'll check it out. Thank you!!!
Original post by santi_92
Anyone else applying for 2015 entry? Figured it would be cool to make a thread where we can all discuss

I am :smile: Not sure about my UKCAT - 2720
Reply 9
I'm applying, not sure about how I'll fare though...

I read that applicants are ranked by their UKCAT score as long as they meet the degree/predicted grade cutoff, I fear that this will set me at a disadvantage because I feel my degree (1st) is stronger than my UKCAT (2850). I'm not sure if this information is true/still valid though, so I could well be wrong.
Hi,

I am 3rd year biomed predicted a 1st (or high 2:1). I got 2610 (652.5) in my ukcat - I am aware that this is not the best but UKCAT. I have decent work experience and extra-curricular stuff.

I really need some help as the deadline is quickly approaching. I need some help with choosing my fourth university. My choices:

1 - St Georges GEP
2 - Swansea GEP
3 - Keele 5 year (this because I know they're not too harsh with UKCAT
4 - I don't know (Sheffield, Leicester, Manchester???)

I don't know what my fourth option should be. I probably need it to be a university that's not too strict with UKCAT, but still uses it. I know I make the minimum requirement for Sheffield but I also know that it is very competitive. I'm not 100% sure about other unis. I know ukcat overall is lower this year, but does anyone have any suggestions about a fourth university I should apply to?

Somebody please help me out.

Thanking you guys in advance,

document35
Hi everyone, looking to see if anybody has been rejected from Bart's for the 4 year GEP (A101)?

I know there have been a number of invites to interview sent out in early January, for which dates are yet to be set. I am trying to get an idea of whether no news could still be good news.

Thanks everyone!
L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all, I'm an A101 applicant and haven't heard anything yet. Any interview offers or rejection for A101 floating around? It seems like the only Uni not to have made contact. Unless they work through A100 first? I met a Barts grad yesterday and his experience of the uni was really good. It got my hopes up again.
Original post by Quilverine
Hi all, I'm an A101 applicant and haven't heard anything yet. Any interview offers or rejection for A101 floating around? It seems like the only Uni not to have made contact. Unless they work through A100 first? I met a Barts grad yesterday and his experience of the uni was really good. It got my hopes up again.

A number of people have been invited to interview but haven't been told the exact date yet.
I'm in the same boat as you. And Bart's is my last chance! Fingers crossed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an offer of interview way back in mid December but nothing since. I did call admissions last week to ask if I should be worried. They said "don't worry about it", so this could be normal.
Reply 15

Original post by Cats-R-Us
I got an offer of interview way back in mid December but nothing since. I did call admissions last week to ask if I should be worried. They said "don't worry about it", so this could be normal.

Yeah I got an offer back in December, I wouldn't worry. I think someone mentioned they contacted Barts and were told that the interviews would be the week of the 10th February
Original post by santi_92
Yeah I got an offer back in December, I wouldn't worry. I think someone mentioned they contacted Barts and were told that the interviews would be the week of the 10th February

I would imagine that means I'm just waiting on a rejection then unless they get some last minute cancellations from people with offers elsewhere? I know Swansea do a reserves list but I thought they were the only ones to do that. I'm happy to have zero prep time!
I haven't heard anything at all either. As such I've made applications for MSc and MRes and then I'll apply for 2016 entry. Still waiting to hear from Southampton as well but I know that they leave everything (incl. rejections) to the last 5 minutes. :frown:
Reply 18
I would imagine that means I'm just waiting on a rejection then unless they get some last minute cancellations from people with offers elsewhere? I know Swansea do a reserves list but I thought they were the only ones to do that. I'm happy to have zero prep time!

Not necessarily. Noone really knows anything at this point
Well I guess we just need to hope that Barts have been extremely disorganised this year so the people that haven't heard yet might be excellent candidates that Barts did not get round to contact yet.

At least that's what I keep telling myself...

Latest

Trending

Trending