The Student Room Group

How many girls are there in your Further Maths class?

Scroll to see replies

Well I go to a girls school so all the people in my further maths class are girls... :wink:
Reply 41
Original post by Old_Simon
This thread is putting a lot of guys off further maths and doing maths at uni lol.

Why would it? It's not like it hasn't been a sausage-fest for century.
I wouldn't know; don't do further maths :tongue:
Reply 43
Original post by Old_Simon
This thread is putting a lot of guys off further maths and doing maths at uni lol.

Well if it's putting them off for such a small reason then they shouldn't be doing the degree in the first place.... :rolleyes:
Reply 44
Original post by strawberrysnow
Well I go to a girls school so all the people in my further maths class are girls... :wink:

And how many are there in your class?
Reply 45
Mine had none, but I was the only person taking F Maths anyway so that doesn't say much.
Original post by C0balt
And how many are there in your class?

Lol I don't know yet as I haven't had a class. First (further) maths lesson is on Monday! I will let you know then. But I think that we have at least 5 in our class :smile:
4 out of 13 in my class
My Further Maths class (back in 2007-2009) consisted of only 4 people, of which 3 of us were girls.
one (me) out of two people :P at a small college

i'm the only girl taking maths too
There's 1 in our class of 5; we're all good friends.
0/6 in further maths and 0/15 in our maths class, there were loads of girls in the other maths class. Was because our class were physicists and the other biologists because of the timetabling and girls seem to prefer biology.
In AS F.Maths - 6/17.
In A2 F.Maths - 0/9 (obviously I dropped it too, but we still all did normal maths together).

In AS Physics - 17/25.
In A2 Physics - 2/6.
Both my group only: there were two others.

You can see when the real differences kicked in at my school.
F Maths: 0/6 AS and A2

Physics:
AS: 0/~12
A2: 0/8

Seems that the girls did more of the 'softer' subjects :wink: :tongue:
None, in a class of 6 (previously 3 and later 4, but that's another matter). This was quite a few years ago, though.
Well i dont do FM but theres 7 out of 22 in my maths class.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by CookieInOrange
In AS F.Maths - 6/17.
In A2 F.Maths - 0/9 (obviously I dropped it too, but we still all did normal maths together).

In AS Physics - 17/25.
In A2 Physics - 2/6.
Both my group only: there were two others.

You can see when the real differences kicked in at my school.

lol unless I drop it my class is safe...'cause I'm the only FM girl :cool:

I think there are quite few girl taking physics (will see on Monday) but I guess they'll most likely drop it like in your school lol
Reply 57
Original post by AlphaNick
there are two in my class but in the other class there are about 6??? dont worry though my mandarin class is me + 10 girls <3

lol! They're all free for you to pick then :wink2:
Reply 58
Original post by snowyowl
My Further Maths class (back in 2007-2009) consisted of only 4 people, of which 3 of us were girls.

Wow that's rare that there are more girls than boys in FM :eek:
There's 14 of us, and there's 4 or 5 of us, I think (I sit at the front so I can't see, and I've only had one lesson so I'm not sure)

Quick Reply

Latest