The Student Room Group

Anyone else done nothing with their summer?

It's so depressing seeing everyone I know go on holiday to really nice places, usually with their other half, whilst i've been on my own doing absolutely nothing! All of my housemates/friends have been away and i'm struggling to find a job, so it's been very lonely for the past few weeks. I honestly can't think of a single thing of note i've done this summer and I can't wait for it to be over.

Anyone else in the same position? :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yep
Lol no that's lame

I made full use of my summer break chilling with the bird and going out with mates.
Original post by bittr n swt
Lol no that's lame

I made full use of my summer break chilling with the bird and going out with mates.

how insensitive
yep

everyone either has a summer job or has some sort of work experience

fml
Original post by white boy
how insensitive

But it's true
Reply 6
Original post by sr90
It's so depressing seeing everyone I know go on holiday to really nice places, usually with their other half, whilst i've been on my own doing absolutely nothing! All of my housemates/friends have been away and i'm struggling to find a job, so it's been very lonely for the past few weeks. I honestly can't think of a single thing of note i've done this summer and I can't wait for it to be over. Anyone else in the same position? :/
Don't kid yourself. You've been spending your valuable time slaying trolls and anti-feminists with your incredible moderation abilities. You are a valiant white knight and we would be nothing without you sr90.
Reply 7
Haven't done anything.

Just working, gym and waiting for footy to come back on.

Lol @ going on holiday with friends
I've done nothing with my holidays. I've done nothing for the past 2/3 summers as I haven't been on holiday in 3 years.
Reply 9
Original post by sr90
It's so depressing seeing everyone I know go on holiday to really nice places, usually with their other half, whilst i've been on my own doing absolutely nothing! All of my housemates/friends have been away and i'm struggling to find a job, so it's been very lonely for the past few weeks. I honestly can't think of a single thing of note i've done this summer and I can't wait for it to be over.

I wouldnt say i did NOTHING, i mean i did sleep, eat, drink and poop
Reply 10
I've actually done quite a bit, but it feels like I've done absolutely nothing...

I got a job for 2 months and gym like everyday, went to 2 festivals (and got completely bamboozled at both) and finally got a tattoo
Been on holiday with friends then again with family. Now stuck in the same routine since I got back. Wake up, jog, eat, volunteering/work, TSR then sleep.

Counting the days til uni starts again :lol:
Original post by sr90

Nah, next year is going to be hectic as all get out, not starting that off early.
I took a year out of education and have done nothing whatsoever :frown:
Original post by Dumb White Sh!t
Don't kid yourself. You've been spending your valuable time slaying trolls and anti-feminists with your incredible moderation abilities. You are a valiant white knight and we would be nothing without you sr90.

No. Just no.
Original post by Dumb White Sh!t

oml, this genuinely made me giggle :colondollar::tongue:
Yep but I went camping for a week in Somerset if that counts for anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I went snowboarding a few times but nothing constructive or creative :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to Ireland at the start of the summer but that was because my friend had died and I went to his family and didn't do anything holiday or tourist fun relayed so didn't see that as a holiday or a break. Other than that, I've only had one day out all summer and just been sitting in every other day or went to my mum's. Me and my bf got my mum's old car last week so we finally have a means of going places, just not enough money to put enough petrol in :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I went travelling for 5 weeks but my summer has been four months long so it seems like forever ago now. Other than that all I've done is sit around on the laptop. Couldn't do anything before I went because I had to save, couldn't do anything after because I'm skint.

I guess I can't complain the grand scheme though. It is actually the first summer I've done stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest