The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Lack of social interaction

Hey, i'm 19 and starting a business with accountancy course next month and was wondering if anyone was in the same position, or similar?
It's also got me thinking about how you sort of lose the social interaction doing a course online rather than at a brick university. With being young, i wouldn't want to miss out on this fully and was hoping i could meet people and talk to people who are studying/will be studying at the same time as me:smile:
Reply 1
I've been studying with the OU since 2012 but I'm starting a Professional Certificate in Accounting in October. When I made the decision to study with the OU I also decided to swap jobs to a new workplace for a few evenings a week. As weird as it is that job is like my Uni social life, I meet a lot of people from different backgrounds and get paid too!
I chose distance learning because I knew I would do nothing but party if I went to a traditional Uni but it would be nice if there was an event every now and then to attend.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Have you joined the Facebook groups for your courses? You can meet plenty of people on there and maybe do some meet ups its a little harder as some might be miles away but worth it! I am friends with a few from mine and some are quite nearby too so we might meet at tutorials etc :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest